ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

to SuperGuard or not?

182 Trophy No. 223
Hey guys and girl!

Has anyone got superguard on their cars to protect the paint, or some other similar product??

Been told how fantastic it is, but dunno many people who have had evperience with it for a prolonged period of time tho! ie, over a year or more...

The kits are ratheeer pricy, but if it aids the keep-her-clean-process, the time saved cleaning may justify the man hours that would be putting in otherwise!

Price? Anywhere with discount?
Pictures?

cheers guys :approve:

Clio 182, Audi A3
I didn't think it worth bothering with, but modern water based paint is so vulnerable to bird pooh etc, I may have been wrong. I'd seriously consider it another time.

had mine done with diamonbrite just wash and leather and it looks like new cost £199.00
dont know about long term but gtd for six years (price included scotchguard on interior

Brisol my lover..
I Sell it, Its a good product, you can tell the cars which have been done, How much is it gonna cost u, might be able to get it cheaper but u would have to aply yourself unless you live in the Bristol Area.

RenaultSport 172 Phase 1
I had it done on my EVO 8 MR when I bought it new Oct 04, Just over a year old and still looks like new after just a wash and chamois, Only polished it once in the year with meguiars and you could not really tell a difference, I got a large bag with all the Diamondbrite products in and use them as and when it says to (the 'conserver' that you put in the wash water every so often smells exactly the same as the old polish MER), I would recommend it and will have it on my SL55 AMG when I get it :D :D

Dave

Got it on my car its good that it will protect your paint but i find you still need to polish it aswell i was told when i got it that you dont need to polish it thats rubish it doesnt look as good if you dont. But it does wash better dirt just comes off IMHO:approve:

182 Trophy No. 223
I have a friend who can get the kit for £80, which has the paint kit, and the stuff for teh alloys and the interior cloth protector too. So, generally, everyoen reckons it's worth while.... as the car is new, maybe it is worth while...!?

Thanks for the advice fellas

172 ph1 ASBO SLAYER
if you can get it for £80 do it, but if you are applying it yourself you wont get the warranty. which is worth sod all anyway.
the conversation goes like this:
'hi, i've got superguard on my car and....'
'can i stop you right there sir, obviosly you have used the wrong wash/shampoo/detegergent/underpants ect. and therefore you have invalidated your warranty! bye'
LOL

Its 'value' largely depends on how you want to look after your car. If your the sort who may only wash their car once a month or once every two months, uses car washes and baulks at the thought of spending some time waxing/polishing your car then the product is 'better than nothing' and will suit you down to the ground.

If you care about your cars appearnace and polish the car to remove wash inflicted swirl marks then theres little point in having it as it will be removed each time you polish.

182 Trophy No. 223
Right, i've decided to put teh superguard on! I get the kit for teh weekend, so i need a few things!

Pre Paint Wipes, and A fine finishing compound that isnt wax based, like a t cut. Any recommended products??

Also, when washing it, what is teh best way to clean it....i'll elaborate, i mean, i wouldnt ever take a brush to her, but at the same time, a spounge picks up dirt and creates the light scratching...so how should i do it??

Cheers :)