ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Today In Court..

Liquid yellow R26 F1

As some of you you know, today was my Court date....

Outcome.. 5 Points and a fine of £270 + £35 costs... not good, but then it could have been a lot worse...

Thanks MikeC for the letter.. I used about a Paragraph ot two..;) The Judge particularly liked the bit about the advanced driving test, etc..

172, Tiguan

At least its over and done with James. I still think thats very harsh, but at least you still have you license. How many points is that in total now?

Liquid yellow R26 F1

Exactly... seeing as he COULD have given me a fixed penaulty.. Oh well..

Was doing 98 on the A303.. 70 limit..

Ziel Nurburgring

Got away with it, so to speak. Could have been a ban, more points, larger fine or a combination of them. Least you still have your license and i wouldnt worry to much about insurance as its seems they expect people to have points these days

Ang

Pink/Blue 182

Hi James....pleased it didnt go too badly for you ....like Jon says atleast its over with now......suppose its just suck it up and slow down for a while......Ang x

LY 200

Thats not too bad mate!!!

You got a £300 quid fine and 5 points but at least your still allowed to drive!!!

^^ Like everyone else has said at least your still on the road, a few years ago i had 18 points on mine (sales rep). In a way it did me good, slowed me down alot. Had to take my boss to the last two hearings to avoid a ban... Fines are harsh but are forgot alot sooner than a ban.

don't

exactly what my mate got

1 year driving, 97 on motorway, 70 limit

5 points and £300 fine

both lucky imo, he wasnt happy with the fine but its tough really

Quote: Originally posted by MikeC on 02 February 2005
Good news mate! Wish I got off that lightly lol!

Doing 97 is one thing, but giving someone head whilst driving at 97 is another thing altogether !

Clio 197

Hi James,

Its not so bad, really... considering youre young, and almost doing a ton....

Its all a load of b****cks anyway... theyll let people off the hook if they want to... which shows that there is no right/wrong anyway.

If anything, youll save a hell of a lot on fuel from now on!;)

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by McBunny on 02 February 2005

i got 3 points for 99 on the m1 was clocked possibly going a tad more lol
£270 and 5 points!!! That sounds a bit harsh but at least you can still drive! The Scottish police must be a bit more lenient because hubby was followed by police on a 60mph road on his way to work a couple of years ago and they pulled up beside him in his work car park and told him he was doing 86mph on a 60mph single carriageway and he was fined £60 (SP30) so got off lightly really.

clio 16v

my dad got clocked at 130, and got 3 points, plus 500quid fine. just goes to show, how imbalanced things are!!