ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Toe setup, car still pulls to the right!

LY Megane R26
Well I fitted my Spax coilovers along with new TRE and ball joints and went and got my toe adjusted.

First time was Friday and it seemed ok minus the wheel slightly off center to the left, I drove up to hopton for the weekend and it seemed ok for about 120 mile round trip. At the end of the way home I started to notice it was pulling to the right and I would have to hold the wheel to the left slightly to stop it going off to the right.
I Drove it back and forth to work this week and it was still pulling me to the right while the wheel slightly off center to the left. When I was going roung a steady right hand bend I could only just hold onto the wheel and it would follow the road. When going round a left hand bend I had to steer the car round more than I would normaly.
When I let go doing about 60mph it goes rather quickly over to the right, not slowly as it would if it was only a little bit out, but I suppose I am going 60.

Anyway yesterday I rang the garage up again and told them that its still not right and they said I could come down and they will have another look.
Well the did and after an adjustment I took it for a drive and wasent quite happy, but tbh the roads round there are terible and the car just gets pulled everywhere! After another ajustment and him setting it to standard spec I took the car out again, what I thought was ok and the garage getting to closing time I tought it felt ok. I drove it to work this morning where I could actully test it and its the same thing! The wheel is slightly to the left and the car wants to pull to the right.

Now I'm sure the garage couldnt have messed it up three times so now I'm wondering if something else is up?
I'v read it could be a stuck caliper causing it to pull to the side? Whats would be the best way to test this?
Would camber cause this? If one side is running more or less than the other? Going to check that tonight.
Tyres could have worn funny casuing me to go over to the left?

I fancy getting it done with print outs etc from somewhere like ATS but I dont want to pay and then it be another problem casuing me to drive over to the right.

Cheers
Scott

LY Megane R26
I haven't mate no, it was done just using one of them trackers that shines a light to the flags at the rear. The camber is roughly set at --1.25 degrees and this was checked again last night using a camber gauge on flat ground. I'm thinking of taking it to somewhere like ATS to get a print out etc but don't fancy spending the money if iit's something that tracking won't fix.