ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tom Tom 3

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

For all you people who have Tom Tom 2 there is a new version coming out. If you registered your product after the 18th of Jan 2004 you qualify for a free upgrade :D For all you others that have an older version you can pay 49 Euros for the upgrade. Tom Tom 2 maps are not compatable with Tom Tom 3.

You get all the great new features of TomTom Navigator 3:

Major Roads of Europe: Go from Hanover to Helsinki via the best route.
Itinerary Planner. Plan the easiest route when you need to make multiple stops.
Easy intuitive installation and activation.
The newest maps with improved street number coverage.
Enhanced points of interest, such as restaurants, petrol stations, shops, parking and more. Now TomTom shows you those places that are on your route and those that are near your route. You can also sort those on your route by distance from your current location.
http://www.tomtom.com/products/content.php?ID=240&Section=1694&Language=1TomTom traffic
Safety speed screen enhanced by new directional arrows
Build a complex itinerary with multiple waypoints and destinations from multiple maps. In navigation mode you can skip drive-bys and plan to the next itinerary destination. Save and load frequently used itineraries and exchange itineraries with friends and colleagues.
UK city and street selection using 4 character post codes
Faster POI searching, and see what POIs are on or near your route
Improved route summary and menu icons
Improved installation with application tutorial and automatic GPS configuration * TomTom Traffic is available only in the UK, Germany, France and the Netherlands.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.

pity that they dont actually appear to have done anything other than cosmetic changes, by far the biggest gripe with tomtom is the time it takes to plan a long journey, other systems dont seem to have a problem. I remember one guy planning a journey accross the UK and it still hadnt finished calculating the route by the time hed arrived - a mate of mine borrowed my ipaq the other day to go from cambridge to stratford-upon-avon and he said that took 15 minutes to plan the route.

That said, tomtom still does rule (esp. compared to destinator which apparently even after the fix cant deal with roundabouts!) and the new version does look slightly nicer. The adding of an itinerary planner is something which is a welcome addition.

Its pretty good - shame they never made a PC version else Id have had it.

I used Destinator2 on my CarPC - which worked ok, but I reckon TomTom would have been better.

TomTom Traffic seems mint - TMC is very useful, specially when it can re-route you round traffic jams!