ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tom tom go 930 will not switch on !

Clio 1.2 16V tomtom 3dr
It will not turn on even though the green light is on when connected to the charger/car charger..

Any advice please ?

Thanks

Basically, green light came on, but the screen didn't light up. Just got a pin and pressed the reset buttom for a couple of seconds, then tried to turn on again and it worked.

Clio 1.2 16V tomtom 3dr
Basically, green light came on, but the screen didn't light up. Just got a pin and pressed the reset buttom for a couple of seconds, then tried to turn on again and it worked.

Tryed that m8, ive also had it on charge for 48 hrs and still no joy:dapprove:

£400 down the drain !

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
have you downloaded any maps resently from tomtom's website? and then uploaded them to the tomtom

Reason im askin is, dad recently did this with his new tomtom, as hes a lorry driver its handy in emergency's to have a tomtom with maps of europe etc, so he downloaded off tomtom's site but picked up a virus in the download. Uploaded to tomtom and now its fucked basicly, tomtom wont take the blame etc,

Clio 1.2 16V tomtom 3dr
have you downloaded any maps resently from tomtom's website? and then uploaded them to the tomtom

Reason im askin is, dad recently did this with his new tomtom, as hes a lorry driver its handy in emergency's to have a tomtom with maps of europe etc, so he downloaded off tomtom's site but picked up a virus in the download. Uploaded to tomtom and now its f**ked basicly, tomtom wont take the blame etc,

I did do an update just GPS update near the time it f***d up..
It kept restarting its self as if i had installed something for about 1 week.

And now its just the green light and nothing else !

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Sounds to me you have most probably picked up a virus thats nakerd the tomtom.

Best thing you can do is Contact Tomtom, and when your talkin to customer helpline etc, they will mention that their going to send you a Email, which you have to then download the file and install to the tomtom. The file is a Master Factory reset, only tomtom have it and it should clear the tomtom and work.

Now this is the annoying part, They say we will send email within the next 24hours, they Never do! you just have to try & try alot. Dads waiting for the email for over 5months, as hes away 5weeks at a trot in europe!

Clio 1.2 16V tomtom 3dr
Sounds to me you have most probably picked up a virus thats nakerd the tomtom.

Best thing you can do is Contact Tomtom, and when your talkin to customer helpline etc, they will mention that their going to send you a Email, which you have to then download the file and install to the tomtom. The file is a Master Factory reset, only tomtom have it and it should clear the tomtom and work.

Now this is the annoying part, They say we will send email within the next 24hours, they Never do! you just have to try & try alot. Dads waiting for the email for over 5months, as hes away 5weeks at a trot in europe!

I did contact tom tom via
http://uk.support.tomtom.com/cgi-bin/tomtom_uk.cfg/php/enduser/std_alp.php

They said to send it to them with the receipt.. I bought it last june after passing my driving test because my car is a clio tom tom edition and the one with the car was an old version.....

I can't find the receipt any where ! Ive told them where i bought it from and basically they are persisting on a receipt..

Ive sent them a email today saying that basically they are calling me a theif for not having a receipt off 18 or so months ago, and that im going to solicitors e.t.c just too p**s them off....

Really bad customer service ! the price we pay for there products we should expect better !

So basically i am stuck at the moment ..

clio
same thing on mine... emailed tomtom support...

they sent a box, i sent it off and they replaced everything inside before sending it back.

awesome service - no charge and a tomtom that's over 2 yrs old...

can't fault 'em

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
I did contact tom tom via
http://uk.support.tomtom.com/cgi-bin/tomtom_uk.cfg/php/enduser/std_alp.php

They said to send it to them with the receipt.. I bought it last june after passing my driving test because my car is a clio tom tom edition and the one with the car was an old version.....

I can't find the receipt any where ! Ive told them where i bought it from and basically they are persisting on a receipt..

Ive sent them a email today saying that basically they are calling me a theif for not having a receipt off 18 or so months ago, and that im going to solicitors e.t.c just too p**s them off....

Really bad customer service ! the price we pay for there products we should expect better !

So basically i am stuck at the moment ..

How did you pay for the Tomtom? bank card? credit card?

If so go to your bank and ask for a record back to the month you purchased the tomtom, that will have the date/time and were you bought the tomtom, along with a refrence number, that will allow the shop to track down the payment in their system, and just ask the store then for a copy :)

Dont Email them even tho its good sometimes to have proof that you have contacted them, but when you phone them next time as for the person's name and Direct number, its something iv leard from my dad and works a treat as they kno the background of the story then