ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

tom tom one / tom tom 300

Black 172
Just a quick question, i went on a n/w meet on sunday and i borrowed my mates tom tom go 300 it wouldnt work on my windscreen ( it wouldnt pick up a signal). Does anyone know if the tom tom one will work ok on my windscreen without me having to buy an external aerial ?

Thanks

You don't need any external aireal on the one. I tried my mates one in my car without trouble. He has Mk2 clio as well and it works fine for him.

Golf R/Leon FR
yes you will, all sat nav's will need an external ariel if you cant pick up signal, this is a common fault with them on renaults because of the heated front screen.
i have had a tomtom one and 300 on my clio and sometimes they pick up signal and other times they dont. an external ariel will stop it being inconsistant.

COOPER MY08/POLO MY93
the tomtom one does have a slighty better internal aerial, but due the clio screen an external one will most probably be needed

Golf R/Leon FR
the tomtom one has a sirfstar 3 reciever chipset in which is a better chip to pick up signal than the sirfstar 'all in view' one which is on the 300. so it will have a better reciever strength.

RenaultSport clio v6
tomtom one works perfectly in my v6 without an external aerial, other gps systems ive tried havent worked at all.

clio 200 F4Rt
heated front screen?? since when? my 182 cup dont have that! (or is that why, cos its a cup?)

i am thinking about a tom tom one, anyone know where cheapest to get one is?

Mondeo STTDCI
They dont have a heated screen they have a sun resistant/reflective one. Heat reflective is the word I was looking for!!!

The Tom Tom One, according to most on the forums, is perflectly fine on these screens due to a stronger chipset. The older ones, require another antenna.

clio 200 F4Rt
friend of mine paid about 250 he reckons for his.

will ask him where from, itherwise, definatly worth waiting a while for prices to drop!

COOPER MY08/POLO MY93
won't be going any cheaper than 250 i doubt as margins r getting low on them already and its not christmas so no major pricing competition

Black 172
I am looking to buy a tom tom one, i am nto aware that my clio has a heated windscreen :s someone explain

Golf GTi Mk2
does it look sorta pink in the sunlight? If so, its heat reflective. If not you could be ok and just have a normal one.

Ziel Nurburgring
THEY AREN'T HEATED.

The RS models (and Dynamique iirc) have a UV/Heat reflective coating which stops the GPS signal getting through. If youve got the reflective one, there will be a small rectangular patch at the bottom centre of the screen. My Tomtom mobile works fine with it, if you do have problems you can get the aerials fairly cheap on ebay.

Black 172
I have had a tom tom in my car and it didnt work on the windscreen had to have it on my passenger window. I have an 03 plate 172 so yes it does have the uv/ heat reflective windscreen, has a little clear patch on the bottom

My cars and my mates both have the same full fat windscreens and tom tom one works fine with both just throw it in that rubbery bit on the top of the dash.

'18 Megane dci
My 300 works fine just sat on top on some sticky back velcro, have an RAC replacement windscreen though but still has the clear cutout.

Shouldn't go wrong with one of these, not sure if it works with the One.

IMG_1508.gif

To get round the problem of heated windscreens is to place the TomTom (GPS receiver) in line of sight of the rear view mirror - this is the only part of the screen that is not shielded.