ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

TomTom and reflective windscreen

All,

I'm expecting delivery of my TomTom Go 700 in the next couple of days but have read posts about signal strength with heat reflective windscreens. I've searched the forum and read all the posts but there doesn't seem to be any pattern to which Clio's do and dont have the windscreen.

Dumb question - but how can I tell if the screen on my Clio is heat reflective?

Cheers,

Graeme

have a look for the square in the bottom centre of the screen, just about make it out....

RA1.gif

solar reflective = pink

you will need an external aerial for the 700 with a pink windscreen. Ive got one for my 500 which ive got routed to the rear next to the parcel shelf inside the car. Gets great signal back there :)

I have a tom tom 300 and it seems to work okay with my reflective windscreen, it looses signal occasionally but usually finds one again quick smart!

RenaultSport clio 182
i have a tomtom go 500 and have had to purchase the external antenna for it as the signal kept going off when tom tom mounted mid windscreen, at the moment i just have the antenna on door frame as iv not had time to mount it properly, full signal all the time, the tomtom 1 has the latest much more sensitive gps chip set in it and will work through the windscreen.

I've got the tomtom one (sorry haven't took any pics), works mint with the windscreen. Picked up 5 sats! :approve:

Don't seem to have the reflective windscreen. TomTom 700 is mounted in the right hand corner next to the steering wheel and picks up a shed load of satellites within seconds. Made up with the 700.

Clio 197
I've had 10 sats through my 182 windscreen, and I use a TomTomOne.

The new chipset is very good.

I don't know if the older chipset has more difficulty working through a reflective screen though.

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
ditto with omar. although it decided not to work when i was trying to find my way to the renault garage in leeds at the start of the week with the aa van following me! luckily it decided to come on just as i was about to go completely the wrong way.

saying that it had nothing to do with the windscreen, it was just a cloudy day