ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

TomTom One v2 any good?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Thinking of buying one Anyone got one, and why should i buy a 710 instead?

Leon Cupra 300
Im going to get one of these too mate, they have speed cameras in now i think.

This is a lot smaller and compact! id go for the one with europe maps too :D

Clio 197
I've got the first version. Signal is fine (despite the heat shielded windscreen).

Although the manufacturer's claims are different, battery life is approx 3 hours (longer than tomtom claimed).

Version 2 doesn't have as good a good life... closer to 2 hours in reality.

If you just want basic no frills navigation in the UK, then the tomtom 1 is ideal. :)

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Heard a review say the speaker was abit cack? Any input on that?

Clio 197
^^

I never use the speaker, so I can't comment.

Turning the sound off helps me remember the route better... that's why.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
My plan is to buy my rents a tomtom one europe and me a tomtom one uk and nick the map for urope of the other, reckon it will work?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Don't know? Wouldn't be the end of the world as long as one has urope on it.

Leon Cupra 300
im not sure buyt theres only 40 quid between boht models you may aswel just go for the europe one

106 GTi
I grabbed one a few weeks ago, nice bit of kit. Even works though the front screen in the 182 without problems. Went for it over the 510/710 Etc down to its size, much more compact.

My plan is to buy my rents a tomtom one europe and me a tomtom one uk and nick the map for urope of the other, reckon it will work?

Yes that would work, the maps are stored on SD cards so you can swap them around.

Got a One about 2 weeks ago, very pleased.

I few problems with the 172 heat proof windscreen when the weather was bad but bought an external antenna which has solved them.

Clown Car
I bought a 510 Traffic edition a couple of days ago, have not really had time to try it out yet but i got a good strong signal lying in bed setting it up and reading the manual, the new mounting shoe looks a bit weird and flimsy, TT have already had a recall on 'drooping' mounts, so i need to see if mine is on the recall list, there are speed cameras/speed limits pre-installed in the under the TT plus section, but i suspect when subscribe via the TT website you will have to pay for the updates.

182 Cup, (2nd one)
Mark 5290, thanlks for mentioning the problem with the mounts as mine has been playing up. My other half thought i'd broken it so i will be on the phone in the morning for a new mount.
Other than that the 510 is fantastic and my other half has a tomtom one which he has the cameras on. I actually prefer the tomtom one as its smaller and they both do what we need them for except the tomtom one is much cheaper

Clown Car
Here is the info for the recall - https://www.tomtom.com/newdock/, i tried entering my serial number into the checker but it comes up invalid so you may have to email/phone TT.

Also there seems to be a problem with the 510/710/910 loosing settings when disconnected from TTHome which causes the TTG to keep asking for pairing code when try to pair with mobiles, time, date, language, map and personal settings.

Run this - http://www.tomtom.com/updates/ttgo510-710.clear_flash.exe

Cupped 182 with Recaros
I thought that maps were "registered" to a particular device? I bought a france map (on an SD already, not CD)for my TT One v1 last year and you have to input the seriel number of the unit when ordering it, so it wont work in other units.

If you are having maps on numerous cards, make sure you back up the maps onto your pc, as I lost my france map!

Am getting a TT One v2 for my trip to Le Mans this year, and giving the v1 to the mrs. If you just need basic GB navigation then a v1 is fine.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Just ordered a TomTom one v2 europe for £190 inc p&p, bargain!