ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

TomTom

Here we go again! he he

Going to check out the tomtom one tomorrow, haven't seen them yet.....

Can anyone put me off or is it money well spent, before I splash out 250 notes..?? :)

TomTom is the best yer gunna get really I'd say.. they work so well.

Not sure about the One.. never used one.. Have a Go 300 (and everyone I know with one has the 300 also!)

Daz said:
TomTom is the best yer gunna get really I'd say.. they work so well.

Not sure about the One.. never used one.. Have a Go 300 (and everyone I know with one has the 300 also!)

The One is the same as the 300, with a slimmer case and better GPS receiver (handy with our pink windscreens)

i have the 500, however i wish i had waited till the One was out, cos its a bargain!

I tried using some goodmans sat nav my dad has that works in his audi and it didnt work at all to Cambridge,GDI in the Clio 172 Mk1. Do only certain sat nav's work in the Clio?

ChrisK 172 said:
I tried using some goodmans sat nav my dad has that works in his audi and it didnt work at all to Cambridge,GDI in the Clio 172 Mk1. Do only certain sat nav's work in the Clio?

thats due to the pink windscreen.

most cant see through it without an external aerial, but the TomTom One has a better processor designed for Pink windscreens.

ChrisK 172 said:
So it will work 100% or will work 'better' than others?

it will work a lot better than others.

shouldnt have a problem with the TomTom One. I needed to buy an external aerial for my 500.

Just a thought.... Do you ever have to update TomTom's like the Road Angel's??? or is it plug 'n' play??

plug and play mate.

you can upgrade maps etc if you want to but they're expensive.

Just plug it in USB to upload things like speed cams/voices/startup images etc.

PM me if you get it mate, i have that code for you :)

How much are these going for brand new and wheres the best place to buy it from? I'm tempted...

Just been and got one of these little bad boys! :D

PC World didn't have any so went and got one from comet.

I must of looked like a right idiot trying to set it up in my car outside the shop in the dark lol. Only used it for 5 mins on the way back home. Going to go out in a bit to test it :)

Renaultsport 172 Ph 2
They are well worth it IMHO, I work for Surrey Police and we have the 300 in all of our response cars and they are simply brilliant! They save so much time compared to messing around with a map!