ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

too cheeky?

clio 172
on my road there is a ph1 172 and it looks in mint condition...and i want it!

would it be too cheeky to leave a note on it asking to sell it to me?

mace¬

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio
Can't do no harm and its more of a compliment than anything else.

Who knows you maybe doing them a favour if they are looking to sell soon.

BG 182 FF
dont bother with a note go an knock on the door m8y and have the cash in ya hand. In this credit crunch its a win win situation :)

E92 M3
my mate done it with a civic and he got it for a good price as well

no harm in asking the worst he can say it am not selling then just say "wel let me know when you are selling it"

RB 182 Cup
Theres a del sol vti near me which i want (completely standard b16 in it too :D) but its parked on a drive and it hasnt moved for about 3 years. If somebody knocked on your door and asked to buy your car would tell them to piss off?

TBH i wouldnt care i would be like great! but people are different and they might freak out and go old school on me

Someone did that to my mum in a shopping centre car park when she had her banger

"That looks in good nick hen, How much would you be willing to sell it for"

Sold it to him for £300, was only worth about £150 lol

clio 172 sport ph2
the least u can do is ask him if hes selling it.
if not then u can take further action like, following him to his house, camping out in his garden, etc etc
whats the worst that can happen? a no and an injuction against you

the least u can do is ask him if hes selling it.
if not then u can take further action like, following him to his house, camping out in his garden, etc etc
whats the worst that can happen? a no and an injuction against you

LOL! Yeh, get some newspapers and cut it up. Write him a nice letter..

clio 172
Whats the difference between this one and any of the 800 that are currently for sale?

it is in immaculate condition...not a mark,scratch or dent on it.got some 17 inch dtm alloys on it..been lowered,got ph2 rear lights, got a tastefull exhaust cut in to the rear bumper.... just looks like it has been loved,and had money spent on it wisely.

+ when i put the note on his window...he had a copy of PERFORMANCE FORD on the backseat..so i hope he is thinking of selling it.

I drove in my work car park, and passed an guy around 60, He turned around and started walking the other way. I parked up and got my bits together and he walked up to me in my GTi-6 and said 'she sounds nice, you want to sell her??'

I said well Im going to get a new car in the next couple of days, so if you want it shes yours. He gave me his details so I will be in contact as I picked up a 172 cup today.

Just goes to prove it can pay off. You never know until you ask.

I remember a few months back, I went along to my local Jag dealer and enquired about used cars, they mentioned a nice X type sport they had coming in part ex from a local guy. I took the dealers details and he said he would be in touch when the guy trades it in. Needless to say, I passed the owner of the car on the way home at a Honda dealership. Approached him and he said it was for sale at 2k less than the dealer quoted me.

clio 172
the guy has just text me saying it is up for sale :eek::eek::D

he wants £2500 for it...
its got 12 months mot, 6 months tax full exhaust, k 'n' n induction kit, lowered 30mm front and 10mm at the rear. done 70k miles.

would you say it was good price? because ive seen phase 2's going for £2700 on ebay and this is an older car.i dont wanna 'step down' for no extra cash in my pocket :dapprove:

what you guys think?

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
i think that sounds ok. had do you know wether al the belts have been done though

clio 172
i'll find out in a min. thery will probbably need to be done anyway as it is nearly 10 years old...and that would mean it needed doing twice!!!

clio 172
sneaky peak...going round to view it propper tommorow, so will take better pics tommorow.
am i mad to want this over a phase2?
discuss pleeease!
001-1.jpg

sneaky peak...going round to view it propper tommorow, so will take better pics tommorow.
am i mad to want this over a phase2?
discuss pleeease!
001-1.jpg

Looks in pretty good nick dude! Not sure what the ride/handling will be like on those wheels though- theres only one way to find out!!!

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
looks good tbh, i though them wheels would look terible but for some reason i actually like them!

These ph1's are really growing on me, i wasnt too keen whn they 1st came out. The only thing i dont like is the interior

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Im always very wary of lowered examples especially when the standard set up is pretty good to start with.

Still though, i suppose it could all be put right cheap -ish?

Not a fan of the wheels, belts done?

clio 172
Im always very wary of lowered examples especially when the standard set up is pretty good to start with.

Still though, i suppose it could all be put right cheap -ish?

Not a fan of the wheels, belts done?

he said it had a bottom end rebuild about 6k ago...so i presume the belts were done then???:S surely the belts have gotta come off to get to the crank?
i wanna see proof of it first before i buy though!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Hmmm, bottom end re-builds.

Im starting to think your budget could secure you a more honest example, and i say that with sincere concern mate, surley if you upped your budget to £3000 you would get a lower mileage example?

Who knows though it could be absolutley spot on mechanically??

clio 172
int it funny how things turn out??

the dude that was selling it, i used to have a laugh with at work before he quit work at my place.
the car itself is a mixed bag of gubbings. the exterior is perfect, tyres are perfect, handles good...got 12months mot, 5months tax, its done 73k. neads a new passenger seat as the tilt lever has been broken off..smelt like stale ciggys, and there is pants wiring to 6x9's in the parcel shelfs. the wiring looks abit shite to the headlights.also needs new dogbone mount as it knocks....

never been in a ph1 before...and its uncanny how it reminds me of the valver.more spirit there than a ph2 i rekon.

how much would u offer for the above car? no history...so would probs need belts doing.