ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Too good to be true

Ok so have been looking around at some 172/182 and seen a cracking 182 in this advert.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...t/postcode/fk103ll/page/1/radius/40?logcode=p

Ignoring the gold wheels i thought it was way too good to be true, I done a text check thing on my phone and it returned saying that the car had, had a colour change and that it had had 5 owners not the 1 claimed in the advert, thing is this is the best all round one i have came across, would you guys still go check it out or would you give it a miss. again ignore the wheels as they would be changed lol.

Focus
Bit of a cliché, but normally it's cheap for a reason, and most of the time you regret not spending the extra!

I would want to know why it's had a full respray for starters.

No cup packs either. I still don't understand why people didn't spec these from new.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
If it's nearby .. go have a look and take a fine toothed comb with you......

If it's good, get wheels powdercoated silver/black/blue/anything other than that colour.... job's a goodun.

If it's a dog, walk away and keep searching. Check the F/S section on this site first......

Flame Red 172
This was lifted from the above thread i suggest you stay away

You guys were right, drove the 80 mile round trip to have a look at the car today. Worst re-spray i have ever seen! Still had primer showing through on the nearside front bumper!! and the bonnet was a completly different colour. Thanks for the head up, spotted that straight away so i turned and walked out! If the paint was that bad who knows what the mechanicals were like!

Just need to be patient and wait for the right one to come along! That silver one in the for sale section is quite temping, slightly higher millage than i wanted though :(

Milltek'd clio 182
already a thread on this bad boy, If you have a look find out what exhaust is on it, as them tail pipes are huuuuuugeee. I think some one mentioned the back bumper being slightly lighter to the rest of the car, but hey pictures dont do any car justice unless you personally walk up an look at it

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Stay well clear of this car. That is all I'm going to say. Just trust me.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Ok so have been looking around at some 172/182 and seen a cracking 182 in this advert.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...t/postcode/fk103ll/page/1/radius/40?logcode=p

Ignoring the gold wheels i thought it was way too good to be true, I done a text check thing on my phone and it returned saying that the car had, had a colour change and that it had had 5 owners not the 1 claimed in the advert, thing is this is the best all round one i have came across, would you guys still go check it out or would you give it a miss. again ignore the wheels as they would be changed lol.

I wouldn't buy that if it was £1500. What a heap of s**t.

If thats the best you can find god help you.

Cheers for the advice just had a look at the other thread and am not going to bother, To be fair the write up they have gave the car couldn't be better 39,000 miles, belts changed, full service history, 1 owner ect. shame half of it isnt true lol. Still on the look out, you cant win them all lol. thanks again folks