ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Too Hot!

172 Cup
My girlfriend has just phoned me saying she's had to pull over and that the central display states 'too hot' and the stereo has switched off. She's had a quick flick through the manual and it states that the unit has overheated.

However, after getting the clio to replace an MGF, we're constantly paranoid about head gasket failure so would just like it confirmed that this is only the stereo cooking itself and not the engine (she said she thinks the engine temp is ok but doesn't know 100% as didnt really notice the dial while driving.).

Sorry for the paranoia, maybe it's an MG thing!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
If it was the engine the stop light would be on.

I'd guess this is just the stereo

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Stereo's got too hot.

Take the CD out, turn off the heating in the car. (The centre vents pass heat over the unit and the CD spinning will create even more heat)

My display said this the other day because I had the car running for about an hour and a half with the heaters on full blast on warm with a CD playing at the same time.

Nothing to worry about, just turn the heaters down