ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Took the 197 for a blast...

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
I took the Clio out of storage earlier in the week and gave it a clean. I went for a drive/exercise this evening and it never fails to put a smile on my face!

thumbnail_IMG_5078.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_5077.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_5075.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_5072.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_5073.jpg

Last edited:

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
Thats busy

Don't you like the vinyl Iain, I designed that. It's a track car so just a bit of fun.

I'd like to do a few jobs on it over the next few weeks then hopefully I can book some track days for late summer. The cooling system needs improving then it can go back to RS Tuning to get another 15/20bhp out of it.

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
Sits well - though I really dislike the profile and rear views of the 197s without a spoiler. They somehow look incomplete?

It needs a rear spoiler doesn't it, I might buy one of the Polish ones on eBay.

OneTime_

ClioSport Club Member
  '65 BMW F31 330d
Looks like a lot of fun! Agree with the others that it is crying out for a spoiler. They do look a bit empty without one.

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
Looks like a lot of fun! Agree with the others that it is crying out for a spoiler. They do look a bit empty without one.

I forgot how much fun it is, stripped out, buckets, full cage and 282bhp! I'm driving a Tesla Model X daily which is probably quicker to 60 but the Clio is much more fun.

OneTime_

ClioSport Club Member
  '65 BMW F31 330d
I forgot how much fun it is, stripped out, buckets, full cage and 282bhp! I'm driving a Tesla Model X daily which is probably quicker to 60 but the Clio is much more fun.

Oh wow is it a Megclio? I guess having a Model X means you can have this stripped out with silly bhp per tonne. Perfect daily and race car combination :cool:

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
Oh wow is it a Megclio? I guess having a Model X means you can have this stripped out with silly bhp per tonne. Perfect daily and race car combination :cool:

It’s a meg 230 engine with the 250 turbo. Larger intercooler and 630 injectors. It made 286bhp without the injectors but it was getting a bit hot. I need to upgrade the cooling system and then map it up to 300.

Clio 197
Its just lowering springs, so again something that ideally needs upgrading.
What springs are they mate? I'm surprised at how low it sits with them. I've had H&R 30/40mm ones and they still didn't sit low enough for my liking.

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
What springs are they mate? I'm surprised at how low it sits with them. I've had H&R 30/40mm ones and they still didn't sit low enough for my liking.

They're Cooksport springs on cup shockers. I think they are a custom spring..... It looks different on the Laguna wheels, they're a higher offset so seem to fill the arches.