ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Top End Noise

AW139
I picked up my 182 earlier today, when i got it home and opened the door i noticed the engine sounding a little rough!

I popped the bonnet and checked over what i could see, but it sounds like a tractor!

The noise is coming from underneath the plastic on top of the engine!

Any ideas?

AW139
I dont know, only had a quick flick through the papers the car came with!

Is it ok to drive until the end of the month?

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
Sounds like dephaser to unfortunately, here's mine when it started to go/had gone, got it all replaced with a cambelt and its quiet as a mouse now :)

Last edited by a moderator:

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I dont know, only had a quick flick through the papers the car came with!

Is it ok to drive until the end of the month?

I have been driving mine for the past 4 months with the dephaser making a noise.
Once again there is a few topics on it so do a search as i have read that some people have driven on a dephaser for 10K + miles.

AW139
Thanks all for your responses!

I did a quick search after i posted this!

Looks like i will have to get this replaced when i get paid!

Only had a Renault 5 mins and im 500-600 quid down already haha!

I have been driving mine for the past 4 months with the dephaser making a noise.
Once again there is a few topics on it so do a search as i have read that some people have driven on a dephaser for 10K + miles.

just 10k.. pfft thats nothing try about 40ish k lol.. belt had only been done 6k before i bought the car and doesnt blow the engine up soo meh belts due in about 20k anyways which wont take long for me