ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

top spec gaming pc?

None
I would go for a console. I have a pc and a ps3 connected upto my 37'' lcd tv and barely play pc games anymore. Pc's good for the usual surfing, burning dvd's and emulators but I don't see the point spending more money on upgrading it for games when they usually come out on consoles these days anyway (unless you like WOW etc)

MKIII 138
i think in this thread at least consoles are getting a bit of a bashing.

i like both and have the ability to pick and choose what i play. i guess im lucky, most people can only afford a wii :D :D , seriously though being in a western country with a decent wage means I can buy any game when i want for my pc x 2 (soon to be 3 with the new ££££ gaming rig),ps2,ps3,xbox,xbox360, DS i also have the option to play in surround sound on a hi-fi cinema setup at 22" / 37" or 84" all full HD 1080p via DVI or HDMI.

but in the end i like consoles for pick up and play with mates and i like pc for getting imersed on my own with some really clean graphics that you know not many are actually seeing or experiencing.

what im trying to say is, i can do both and dont feel the need to take a side on which i choose they each have there own merits

Last edited:
  MKIII 138
^ seems to be places that sell but have no stock ATM

perhaps this is quite amusing as ATI have a head start on DX11 yet knowbody can get the cards.

nvidia dx11 card will be out soon :D

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
^ seems to be places that sell but have no stock ATM

perhaps this is quite amusing as ATI have a head start on DX11 yet knowbody can get the cards.

nvidia dx11 card will be out soon :D

I'd be concerned with the stock heat actually. My 4870 simply couldn't cope with the stock cooler - 80C when simply sat on the desktop. I guess the 5870's will need a decent cooling solution.

D.

MKIII 138
I'd be concerned with the stock heat actually. My 4870 simply couldn't cope with the stock cooler - 80C when simply sat on the desktop. I guess the 5870's will need a decent cooling solution.

D.

doesnt it have a special encloded case with fan and twin exhaust ?