ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

top speed of clio

53 Clio's & counting
do you mean the needle stops at 155 mate? they should keep going as long as you have the power, iv known of a few that have shown 160 on the clocks ( heavily modded mind)

alien green rs133
yeah the needle wont go more than 155 i was still accelerating and it got to 155 then no more, started braking and sat at 155 for a bit then started coming down. v6 limited to 155 isnt it, wonder if its built into clocks???

53 Clio's & counting
nope, shouldnt be, my old clio had been in the sun alot and had distorted the back of the clocks and caused the needle from moving past a cirtain point, just a thought?

Ph1 Clio V6, Ph2 172
Was slip streaming a friends TVR Cerbera down hill lol Will do 152-3 on the flat though. Should be a little better with the planned gearbox change.

clio sport 182
thats crazy,i was on the autobarn could only get 147 mph out of mine and my 182 is running matched inllets and plenum,cat cam 428s rstuning map to suit itg panel filter and a full millteck decat system

B

Bucko

read above before posting ^^^^ :mad:

I did read the above posts thanks and you aren't making any sense to me. You just ask about Ph2 clocks, not which model and then you state that you were still accelerating at 155mph.

Are you asking about the clocks or the car or what? I know my 172 with only a ITG panel filter maxed out at an indicated 143mph with the gear shift light on.

03 RS clio 172 flameR
hold on, are you all telling me that my near standard 172 with matched inlet, pannel filter and rs tuner will go passed 140? coz i thought the gear box max out ther?

Cammed 182 :)
indicated at that speed will be at least 10% out speedos always over read 172/182 really struggle past 125 to be honest there is no way a clio 172/182 could do 155 without a blower and thats a fact!

Fpmsl !!

I swear book fig on a 172/182 is like 138 mph ? My car apparently does 146, hmm no way I want to try it though.

I assume he's talking V6? otherwise he's not making any sense to me either.

A clio that does 160+ mph? ok.

Last edited:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I don't know what to say. I arent even understanding the question anymore.

Gez

Yozza'd 182 RB 188bhp
mine indicated 153 big fat hairy ears whilst, hitting redline in 5th gear. private runway.

Titanium 182
172 drive shafts on a 1.2 - too many teeth - incorrect speedo readout ?
correct ? :s

So hes not actually going over 155 but his clocks are maxing out at 155, in reality hes probably doing 60-80 or something ?

Renault Sport Clio 172
Sounds to me he is just making up porky pies to try and impress some members. My 172 cant hit even 140mph.

M

mini-valver

Unless he's running widetrack, theres no way he's running 172 shafts.

RB 200 Cup!
mines hit 135mph indicated on satnav - bit higher in clock so might hit 140 - dont know....dont care really

Fpmsl !!

I swear book fig on a 172/182 is like 138 mph ? My car apparently does 146, hmm no way I want to try it though.

Ya big girl ;)

172 drive shafts on a 1.2 - too many teeth - incorrect speedo readout ?
correct ? :s

So hes not actually going over 155 but his clocks are maxing out at 155, in reality hes probably doing 60-80 or something ?
Spot on, don't know why people can't understand simple statements tbh! :rasp:

Ph1 Clio V6, Ph2 172
I must be honest, im not too clued up with 172's, 182's or 197's. I didn't realise they were so quick out the factory. Fair play if they are. Im fairly impressed with my Vee but 6th gear kills the top speed. Im on the verge of changing to another "shorter" box.