ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Torn between two tyres

Hey

So I'm looking for two new front tyres and I'm torn between Dunlop SP Sport Maxx RT and Yokohama Advan Neova AD08R, Obviously ones a road tyre and ones a semi slick, now my reason for looking at both types is I'll be turbo'd by the end of next week and I'd would like as much grip as possible. I won't be using them for track days etc so it will just be road use, but would prefer to be safe in wet and dry conditions, whilst also considering decent tyre durability.

Dunlop
http://www.blackcircles.com/catalog...=45&rim=16&speed=W&wintertyre=0&tyre=30675805

Yokohama
http://www.blackcircles.com/catalog...=45&rim=16&speed=W&wintertyre=0&tyre=32498556

What would you recommend? is there another tyre that gives better levels of grip.

Cheers
Simon

PB Clio 172
Dunlop is made by Goodyear so wouldn't last that long imo

Mich, pir, con are all good tyres why only narrow it down to two?

By the sounds of it you'd be better off with a Michelin or continental they give a better balance of wet and dry grip.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
If you are going turbo I would just look at semi slicks. Perfectly fine for every day use in all weathers if you go for the right tyre.

Look at AD08R, Federal RSR, Nankang NS2R, Toyo R1R.

All will provide excellent dry grip and even very good wet grip. I run semi slicks all year round, had them on my 182 and now have them on my gsi.

Thanks guys, I narrowed it down to the Dunlop as they had the best grip and economy out of the road tyres, looked to be better than pilot sport 3's and the AD08R's as I was told Federal RSR's wet grip wasn't good and the R888's wouldn't last very long.

Thanks Ben and bloke, I'll go for the AD08R's then was just worried about wet / cold weather, but if you run them all year round it's good enough for me :)

Toms_clio

ClioSport Club Member
  TRACK CAR BREAKING
Ad08 get my voted. Better grip, a lot harder sidewalls and they lasted 8000 miles on my 182 and 8 didn't drive that slow

182 ff
I bought 4 AD08 few months ago..they are grippy, and in the rain they are ok(I have not driven fast in the rain)
never had the Dunlops so cant comment ..in the summer don't think many tyres will be better than yokohamas AD08s.(that can be used in winter)

Last edited: