ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

torrent clients

soon to be 172
Not banned from bt?

I normally use u torrent but recently after 2-3 mins my laptop disconnects from wifi saying the settings on router are not same as pc. It then wont re connect until i restart laptop, How ever i can browse online allday and it wont do this so i pressume its utorrent and bt not liking each other.

What torrent client is ok to use with bt?

soon to be 172
bt home hub 2.0 its the black one.

My speed goes from 1.6mb/s all the way to 0kbs. Then back up then down. Literally peaks the drops to 0 every 20 seconds.

If its dropping the wireless connection itself its an issue with the router or laptop most probably.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I had an issue like that once, torrent client would freeze the network connection.

Think it turned out to be related to Java

I once had an issue when they were trying to make too many connections. Try limiting the amount of connections allowed in the preferences.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
^ That could be it too

The routers BT use are notorious for failing to handle lots of connections, they just freeze up and fall over

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Try another client just to be sure.

http://azureus.sourceforge.net/

The most bloated torrent client ever.. lol

Updated java and its still f**ked. Tried azeurus and still no joy.

Just as well.. it's s**t and a resource HOG !

I once had an issue when they were trying to make too many connections. Try limiting the amount of connections allowed in the preferences.

^ That could be it too

The routers BT use are notorious for failing to handle lots of connections, they just freeze up and fall over

Yep, check max connection settings and max connections/torrent settings. Could be overloading the router.