ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Totally Lost

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Just went and got a new Macbook Pro, Just opened it all up and i aint got a clue about anything.
I have no problem using my iPhone or iTunes but after 12+ years of windows I'm now screwed.

Totally new to all this macbook stuff so i have a couple of questions.

1, can i just plug in my removable hard drive and put all my music , videos, documents and pictures on my macbook ?
2, can i download new software to play music (winamp / realplayer)

Cheers for any help given.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
How do i also clear all my cookies and browsing history ?

Aswell as get all my photos and things back onto my iTunes.

Just plugged my phone in and there is no pictures or music there anymore as it was saved and done on my windows laptop

Last edited:

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Im totally lost with this macbook.

Windows laptop is fine and i work that no problem.
My iPhone is no problem either as i have now had a apple phone since day one.

i just have no idea how to set up my bookmarks / favourites & clear all my history / cookies from my macbook

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Im totally lost with this macbook.

Windows laptop is fine and i work that no problem.
My iPhone is no problem either as i have now had a apple phone since day one.

i just have no idea how to set up my bookmarks / favourites & clear all my history / cookies from my macbook

It takes a bit of getting used to, but once you are, it is very nice.

As for clearing cookies / history, google it.

Between google and CS, most questions will be answered quickly and easily.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Im going to my mates house next week to set it up as i don't want to start messing about with things i have no idea about.
For some reason all my pictures and music on my mobile phone are not on the iTunes on the mac book.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Clearing browsing history and cookies?

When you want to download p**n, simply turn on "private browsing".

Job done.

Bus w**ker
Welcome.

Once you've has Mac there's no going back.

Or literacy it would appear.

Anyway Marc, you'll need to transfer your iTunes library from your Windows machine to the MBP just google it and you'll find the Apple help article that takes you through every step. Piece of piss.

Like everyone else though I'm lost about cookies etc. If you mean in Safari on the MBP then it's something like Preferences, Show Cookies, Remove all. Dunno if you can import favourites in to Safari on PC and then synce across, but you can with Chrome so install that on your Windows machine (if you're not already using it) and set it up for syncing with Gmail. Then install on MBP and sync from Gmail, done.