ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

touch up kit

Broken Diesel Megane :(
just boughta touch up kit from renault for my cup and was wondering on the best way to apply.

just a few wee stone chips near front of bonnet to do but wanna make a good job

cheers guys

Broken Diesel Megane :(
yeah wasnt gonna use the thing that comes wi it. so just apply paint, wait to dry, then lacquer, then dry, then polish over?

106 GTi
I only ever use the base colour, never bother with the laquer.

Nice thin layers of the base coat, till it becomes level, allow to cure for a few weeks and polish back.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Like Rich says . Never bother with the lacquer , its actually cheaper to get the paint made up at a local car motor factors . I had some 600ml aerosols made up for the same price as the renault touch up paint and the colour match is exact .

Just spray some in the lid , use a cocktail stick , build it up slowly so it stands slightly proud and sand down with some 2000 grit wet n dry after leaving for a week for the paint to go off , then polish up with megs scratch X , job done .

http://www.guidetodetailing.com/articles.php?articleId=27