ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

touch up pen

I got a touch up pen from renault to get rid of some chips on my bonnet. Well it got rid of them but you can see where I have applied the paint. Can a good polish slowly in time get it back to normal or is it something that going to stay there forever?

Thanks.

mukkyman said:
I got a touch up pen from renault to get rid of some chips on my bonnet. Well it got rid of them but you can see where I have applied the paint. Can a good polish slowly in time get it back to normal or is it something that going to stay there forever?

Thanks.

som1 said u should sand it down then polish it out :cool:

Will a 1500 grit wetndry do? that will make the paint look dull then the polish will bring it back right?

What sort of polish should i use also?

Thanks again.

Octavia VRS
mukkyman said:
Will a 1500 grit wetndry do? that will make the paint look dull then the polish will bring it back right?

What sort of polish should i use also?

Thanks again.

Not sure about the 1500 grit wetndry mate.

As for polish, Autoglym Super Resin Polish is the one that works for me.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
1500 grit will do if you can't find any 2000 grit . Don't apply much pressure , let the wet n dry do the work , use soapy water with the wet n dry . Then use Megs scratch X .

Your better off applying the paint in small blobs with a cocktail stick and build it up slowly , let the first coat dry , then apply some more so the paint stands slightly proud .

106 GTi
Jay - theres is not much of kit you need, a touch up stick, a sheet of wet and dry and some polish.

Williams 2
I noticed a nice big chip in my new bonnet today:mad:, gonna give this process a try me thinks...would it not be best to use something like t-cut after you have apllied all the paint, before you polish the area? Matt:cool:

106 GTi
T-cut is a polish, I would be tempted to stick with the Megs Scratch X, IMO a much better product.

Williams 2
Rich said:
T-cut is a polish, I would be tempted to stick with the Megs Scratch X, IMO a much better product.
Cheers dude, so would I be ok to do the following?...
1. Apply several thin layers of pain in the chip untill the chip overlaps the cracks..
2. sand the chip down with very fine wet and try untill its smoothed in..
3. use some Sctratch X and hope for the best:p

106 GTi
That's the plan!

Yeah serveral layers of paint to build up the chips, allow to dry well, wet sand and polish up the sanded area.

Minimize the sanding to the smallest area you can.