ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Touge

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Brilliant Video... LOL @ Retro Fitting the Rear Bumper back on

My useless prick mate has had my copy of initial D (motion picture not anime version), need to get that back there's some great driving and cinematography in that.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
My useless prick mate has had my copy of initial D (motion picture not anime version), need to get that back there's some great driving and cinematography in that.

Indeed... It's a Permanent Fixture on top of my DVD player :)

Nope it's an S13

tas07097vp1.jpg

typers13sslgsc8.jpg

typers13rrlgid7.jpg

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
mint video, must have balls like beach balls to attempt it though!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
scoob waggon is rwd converted so not stupid at all lol...

and si have u seen the initial d cartoons ?? seriously they are i think better than the film lol, if u watch them all and take notice of the info they put in... there is one where one of the guys from the project d team (after initial d they made project d when they form a team of the best drivers) in the yellow fds3 races a black fd difference being she has a single turbo and a diff coilover settup.... they talk about how to take advantage of power on dips and bounces in the road... its pretty good to watch actually lol... i watched all of initial d and project d... i love it.

I've seen a couple of the anime initial d series, so I know what you mean about the detail in them. An ex of mine was chinese and well into the jap car scene and had them but she had to translate all of it for me as her initial d's werent dubbed or subtitled, lol.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
i think there is like 60 odd shows lol, funny thing is, towards the end... i wasnt even looking at the subtitles and i was understanding what was going on... it was like learning japanese the easy way lol!

they made a sort of follow on called maximum tune which was about wangan racing, there are a fair few initial d and maximum tune issues on google video... last time i checked there was the first initial d series on there... you learn things u dont get in the film, like in the film there is the white evo with upside down stickers and stickers cut in half... you learn in the cartoon that when they race other teams like akina speedstars and if they win they take a loosing team sticker and cut it inhalf and stick it upside down to show they defeated them lol...

Definately more story to the anime, was a long time ago that I watched it but seem to remember there effectively being several episodes worth to get across the same basic plot as the motion picture.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
the first stage is basically what the film is... but the cartoon tells you so much more, if you watch the first stage then the movie it all becomes soooo much more clear... turns out like the girl who loves him in the film, she is a hooker lol, his cousin in the film in the cartoons, buys a ae85 not a 6 and everyone rips him, his father bunta turns out to be the old ghost of akina and the best downhill racer, which takumi then takes the title of, his dad upgrades the car for him slowly in the cartoons, he puts the race engine in like in the film but he was only used to revving to 6k before and then works out he can rev to 9k and unleashes the power lol....

has loads of little races they miss out in the film like he has a gumtape death match against a civic, which involves 1 hand being taped to the steering wheel.... so he cant get full lock and has to learn to inertia drift and all this bullshit lol, oh and hooking his wheels in the storm drain, it explains everything in the most minute detail really is worth a watch, i borrowed a mates copys he got the full initial d and project d for like 5 quid on ebay... defo worth it.