bvnditi
ClioSport Club Member
No axle stands and safety crocs, defo a farmer![]()
You know it
Pulled up in an RS200, too
No axle stands and safety crocs, defo a farmer![]()
Typical farmer, crocs and low key millionaireYou know it
Pulled up in an RS200, too![]()
Nowt wrong with Bolton.
It’s the other B’s you’d need to worry about.
Are you kidding?Nowt wrong with Bolton.
It’s the other B’s you’d need to worry about.
Are you kidding?
Bolton is a f**king dive, it's on the same level as Rotherham
Don't quit your day jobIn today's episode of "questionable decisions", which, admittedly, is a continued theme in my time on ClioSport...
I am now Clio-less, and through circumstances beyond my control (the car being sentimental and actually quite a good daily), I am now bound to a Micra K12 while I build my Civic.
The K12 seems to be built on Clio chassis architecture and looks like a smorgasbord of Clio bits from a quick inspection on a ramp, so does this still count?
Anyways:
In spite of the fact I am now confined to a K12 (granted, I also have procured a pair of 160SR donor cars exceptionally cheap), I don't want my Micra ownership experience to be punitive. Also as a 25 year-old with no commitments beyond a day job designing motorsport liveries, I yearn to do stupid s**t.
The previously pictured K24 has water in the inlet and the K-swap bits worked out to be a bit s**t, so that's off the cards, but the backup plan is probably a better one. I'm gearing up to bin off the factory 1.2 in the recipient chassis to all of this ridiculousness, and instead pop the 160SR running gear in (and the other bits like the thicker swaybars they come with) to turn the bean into something more potent.
I've also had the thought that a Clio Mk3 GT rear axle might actually fit on a K12 Micra. They look nearly identical, and in spite of the minimal performance gains of switching from drums to discs, would look pretty cool under a nice set of alloys. Watch this space as I will probably attempt this and proceed to make this sensible daily either less sensible or completely unroadworthy.
I appreciate that this is a fat digression from both Clio ownership and the general sensibilities of the group, but... yeah.
Did some livery doodles in the day. Could be some potential with this silly little hatchback?
View attachment 1803056View attachment 1803058View attachment 1803059
Bonus: Micra K12 self-destruct device:
View attachment 1803062
what am I doing with my life?
Don't quit your day job
Wait
Surprised to see Photoshop for livery design. What's the pipeline? I assumed it would be Illustrator but maybe that's the next step after visualisation but before printing?
oop, replied literally as you sent your message.Whatever gets the job done dude is all that matters
Where do you get the templates from? I'm a 3D generalist/motion designer so uber familiar with UV unwrapping cars but I always wondered how it was done for real ones
Or is it a case of best guess on the form and the wrap installers work their magic to match things up?
Seems like a much more modern and better way of working. Thank you for sharing it's a fascinating niche
the joy of using 3D
As someone who does it commercially I wish I could share that sentiment
I mainly make pretty things not functional, would love to get my hands on a scanner but for most of my needs I can throw something together with measurements
I remember way back when building liveries in Forza (not the same at all) but indirectly got me into what I do now. Chuck in some massive car 'tism and I can see where you got to where you are
Nerd the f**k out I'm here for it, beats reading about Puma E's that's for sure
Looks sick! Mainly hard edge, lots of branding/product as it pays the bills. Pivoting into automotive renders in my downtime which is probably why I'm being so nosey. Will DM you a link to keep some semblance of privacy on t'internet