ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Toxic Fume Monitoring Warning Light...

Combo
DSC00251.jpg

....has just come on and the car has a real loss of power.

Does this usually mean the coli pack has gone as I replaced it about 2 years ago.

I know the Clio is renowned for having coil pack problems but do they fail this frequently?

Thanks.

Always replace coil packs two at a time 1 and 3/ 2 and 4.

I had one go and replaced then about 3 weeks later another went. They all seem to start going after you replace one... :(

Combo
Flashing or on steady?

On steady.

Mine came on when the exhaust snapped.

f**k that!

But I don't think it will be this as surely the car would sound like some Halfords machine.

Always replace coil packs two at a time 1 and 3/ 2 and 4.

I had one go and replaced then about 3 weeks later another went. They all seem to start going after you replace one... :(

Thanks, will bare this in mind.

ValverInBits
It's emissions. If it's not a spark problem but it very hesitant and jerky on part throttle then it's probably a lambda sensor.
If you've got 2 lambdas in it, replace the upstream first, or have it plugged in to see which the ECU is complaining about.

Combo
It's emissions. If it's not a spark problem but it very hesitant and jerky on part throttle then it's probably a lambda sensor.
If you've got 2 lambdas in it, replace the upstream first, or have it plugged in to see which the ECU is complaining about.

Yeah thats sounds like the problem.

Thanks Mark.