ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Toxic gas warning light!!!!

Megane RS 275 Trophy
The toxic gas warning light keeps coming on on my 172, if I give the car good run on the motorway (at speed) it goes out for a few weeks but then comes back on.
Can I get a fault code reader off ebay to turn it off as it doesn't affect the cars running etc?

If I can get a fault code reader off ebay can somebody let me know which one I would need and are they easy to use?

Billy

My toxic fume light came on when i was running the car and it was missfiring, At first i thought id run it too low on petrol and taking advice from a garage i brimed it with petrol and tried to give it some beans and hope it would clean the filter.

That didnt work as it was just missfiring due to the coil pack...

Is the car running fine? Not hesistating or juddering? If its ok i can only guess at a sensor somewhere, Or possibly the exhaust? Lambda sensor is something ive seen crop up frequently.

The thing that solved the problem was a local garages code reader, Told the mechanic there was a missfire and he changed the coilpack, problem solved. So if you get a code reader, Or pay a garage to plug it in i think you will find the problem.

Mine came on and the diagnostic said it was the o2 sensor before the cat..changed it with Renault part and got the light turned of by a friend.

Evo
Is this the little orange engine shaped light? I.E emissions warning light?

If so fault code reader does turn it off but if the problem is still present it will just come back on.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Carbon filter is common on the clios or just an exhaust problem?

Think the carbon box is engine man related tho.

Is this the little orange engine shaped light? I.E emissions warning light?

If so fault code reader does turn it off but if the problem is still present it will just come back on.

yep and yep it will come back on unless you first find the fault and rectify it...cheaper in the long run to just get it on a diagnostic..some garages will do it for nothing.

Carbon filter is common on the clios or just an exhaust problem?

Think the carbon box is engine man related tho.

The carbon cannister is all linked up to the exhaust part of things..it recycles unburnt fuel vapour making it more eco-friendly.
Takes 10 mins to change one...mine liked to tick so I replaced it and it carried on ticking...I put it on a diagnosic machine and found it was the o2 sensor..replaced that and the ticking stopped..so its all related.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Ah easy replace on the Carbon, my engine man light came on when the hose wasn't connected right.

So the toxic and the engine man light should really come on when there is exhaust problems. Oxy sensor ect...

Ah easy replace on the Carbon, my engine man light came on when the hose wasn't connected right.

So the toxic and the engine man light should really come on when there is exhaust problems. Oxy sensor ect...

They do come on when there is exhaust problems...the o2 sensors check to see if there is the right amount of fuel to oxygen and if somethings not running right it will obviously show up in the emmisions.
Sometimes (like I found out) its the sensor that is faulty not anything else.