ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Toyo Proxes T1R or??

225 powered mk2
I need to buy 4 new tyres, I have always used Toyo proxes and atm have T1R fitted, But my friend says there are much better tyres out there for the same sort of price, so what do you guys run/recommend?

cheers.

172 cup
Same sort of price your struggling . . . but if you pay an extra £10-20 (based on 15")per corner yes there are better IMO, not a lot better but better. I find the t1-r's a good all round tyre, but lack a little on the grip front. Goodyear eagle f1's gsd3's have a fair bit more grip, and are amazing in the wet, but they dont last long. To be honest with a 1.6 your not going to be breaking the grip levels on the t1r's from acceleration out of corners etc unless really wet so Id stick with them personally.

172 Race Car
Great for the money (£33 a corner last time i bought some) but as said better out there for more ££

225 powered mk2
cheers guys, i dont mind spending an extra £10 - £20.

I want something which will last long too, my friend also mentioned parada spec 2, anyone tried them?

alien green rs133
i rate pirreli pzero nero's
great all round tyre

eagle f1's are good

i hated toyo t1r they were shite in the wet and not brilliant in the dry if im honest.

but fav tyre is the yoki s-drive so predictable and constant grip what ever the weather.

im trying parada's atm and im not impressed, car wanders about in the dry :(

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Eagle F1 GSD3's
Toyo T1-R's

I'll get slated but I actually like Kumho Ecsta Sport's.......Good price and Grippy in Wet and Dry and last for absolutely ages.

03 RS clio 172 flameR
nobody has experianced sh**e tires till they have tryed accelerates!!!!

they came on the wheels i brought and have only just got round to changing them but MY GOD they are rubbish! you get understear in a motorway standstill! IMO once you have tryed those, you would be better off swapping them for a set of ski's

b/g 182, meg tourer
imo t1-r's are very good for the money. better than some more expensive tyres.
another good tyre for round about the same price is hankook v12's. i will be getting these next time.