ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Track cars with AC, Talk to me...

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Who on here are running track cars still with the AC/climate control? I need your help in knowing what I can and can't remove in the cabin area.

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I plan on keeping the climate control/AC.

I want to know what was kept regarding cabin temp sensors like the humming thing in the interior light housing. Obviously, I don't want it simply dangling around as I have stripped the car. If I can remove it and still have ice cold AC then happy days!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
All you need interior wise is the temp sensor in the roof panel at the light, the controls in the car along with obviously the heater matrix and heating box etc.

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
All you need interior wise is the temp sensor in the roof panel at the light, the controls in the car along with obviously the heater matrix and heating box etc.
I was hoping I didn't need that ugly thing and lose some of the wiring from the roof

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
I was hoping I didn't need that ugly thing and lose some of the wiring from the roof
to be fair I've never tried running without it but it detects the cabin temperature and adjusts the climate accordingly so i assume it needs to be there! You could relocate it though!

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
to be fair I've never tried running without it but it detects the cabin temperature and adjusts the climate accordingly so i assume it needs to be there! You could relocate it though!
That's what I'm struggling to understand. I get that it needs it to run the climate system but if you turn it off of AUTO and hit the blue button a few times to a low and then fan speed then why does it need to know the cabin temp as I've told it to blow cold and not adjust according to cabin temp. Perhaps I'm missing something but that could be an option and relocate it under the dash.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Try it. I’m thinking it’ll mess up the climate control but shouldn’t stop it blowing cold on minimum. From an AC side of things the only temperature in the cabin that it cares about is the temperature of the evaporator to ensure it doesn’t freeze up.

worst comes to the worst I think it’s just a case of measuring the resistance across it at a suitable ambient temperature and putting a resistor across it.

You’d like to think that if the temperature sensor fails it defaults to a blend mode anyway where the various temperatures are just preset steps between full cold and full hot.

JimF

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
My aircon never worked properly until the roof sensor was reconnected. Don’t know why. But the display would show the temp changing, but it never changes the temp of the air coming out.