ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Track day car advice

Hi,

im new to the forum but not to Clio sports have owned a couple before and love them.

Im looking to purchase a 172/182 as a track day car only, I have a daily driver and want something for a bit of fun.

I am caught in the middle atm as I have been offered a standard 182 with cup pack 2004 55k miles for £2000 but needs cambelt done nothing wrong with the just car perks of working in the motor trade. What else would I need to do to get it to a good trackday standard, I was thinking new Brembo front pads and discs and better rear pads and better tyres all round. Is there anything else I would need? I know the list is endless but i am looking to try and do one trackday a month with it.

My other option is to buy something like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-1...9472713?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item2c68f56149 fully done and ready to go for almost double. I dont know if anyone is familiar with this car but looks great and has a lot of money spent on it.

Any advice would be appreciated.

john