ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Track day headlights

Mk2 172 Cup
Ok so I had an old faded set of headlights so I thought I'd try and do something with them and as I fancy a track day or too this year I thought I'd try a track day headlight with a cold air feed
so I gutted the headlight so it was just the lense with brackets, hole sawed a hole and carbon wrapped and glued in an old bit of a subwoofer
not a professional job but it's practical and cost me nothing :)

null_zpsbbab1ff2.jpg

Good effort :) is there no way to make the hole slightly bigger and get it more flush? Or is it bonded into place now?

Mk2 172 Cup
Aye lads I wish it at abit more flush, I used the biggest hole saw I could find but I'm going to give it a go with a dremmel tomorrow night :)

Last edited:

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Thats a mate of mine, took him quite a while to do all that but it looks good

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Yes he relocated the sidelight next to the indicator. You can see them in the photos cause they're turned on.

I think he said the xenons are duel or something so it's normal beam and main beam in one unit.

As above, the Sidelight is in the Indicator and the Xenon is main and Dip Beam