ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Track day oil for 172

Clio 172
Good morning everyone!
Can someone help me with what oil is best for track usage, looking at millers cfs, but could I use silkolene ( Fuchs ) racing oil instead, what do you all use and where do you get it from? Please help before I buy today!

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
That's the best oil you can use in a Clio 1*2. I stuck some in my old trophy and couldn't believe how much it quietend down the engine. Was mighty impressed. Seemed to run very smooth

mikekean

ClioSport Club Member
  996 C4S, 135i, E30x2
Millers CFS and Fuchs Titan race are both very good oils, I've never tried the Millers buta friend of mine uses it in his BMW S50 motor which is very tired and its still going strong on it. Looking at its stats it looks like it can handle higher temepretures than the Fuchs (small amount though). If you are doing longer than 10-15 minute stints on track i would lean towards a 10w50 oil unless you are running an oil cooler.

Nyall

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium Ph1 172
I use Castrol edge 10/60, mine is track only

Pretty sure the F4R doesn't like Castrol stuff, or so I've heard on here, not that I've used it myself.

Fuchs Titan Race Pro S 5W-40 in my Clio.

172 cup, Impreza P1
On the Clio when it was NA and used on the road and track it was 5w40. When it became only for track use and turbo'd it uses 15w50 competition and I use 10w40 chrono on my Impreza p1 which is for road use and mildly modified.
Have used 300V before in other cars, excellent stuff! What grade are you using?

gralegav

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Gordini, Fiat
On the Clio when it was NA and used on the road and track it was 5w40. When it became only for track use and turbo'd it uses 15w50 competition and I use 10w40 chrono on my Impreza p1 which is for road use and mildly modified.
Think I'll go with 10w40 Chrono for trackdays with a 182 on 108K miles