ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

track day pads and disks

stevem42

ClioSport Club Member
  Silver182 and RB 182
hi whats the best pads and disks especially fronts for a 172 ph1

been to snetterton today and brakes where sh**e.......started fading after 4 laps.......

thanks
in advance

lift number 1 @ btm
standard discs are pretty good to be honest, and there is no need to do anything to the rears with the amount of work they do. maybe look into getting the fronts frozen.
And as for pads people on here seem to rate performance friction, carbon lorraine and ferrodo. do a search and you will probably find a load of different opinions though...

road and track use? ds2500 pads and brembo HC discs

Track, maybe the brembo max disc

track pads, im using Ferodo DS1.11's

theres Performance Friction 97, Pagid Blues, Carbon Lorraine,

Or if your tacking the car a lot get some 4 pots!

stevem42

ClioSport Club Member
  Silver182 and RB 182
the car is only going to be used for trackdays....in the process of doing it up......maybe look into the whole kit .......any ideas of where and how much

Weeman sucks ****
road and track use? ds2500 pads and brembo HC discs

Track, maybe the brembo max disc

track pads, im using Ferodo DS1.11's

theres Performance Friction 97, Pagid Blues, Carbon Lorraine,

Or if your tacking the car a lot get some 4 pots!

pointless wasting money on max discs they're no better than the HC ones. might aswell use any old disc from euros tbh then just stick carbon lorraine pads on and you'll be fine. wash your car every hour though, lol

i'm now running std renault pads, just as good as ds2500's imo adn a sh!t load cheaper.

the car is only going to be used for trackdays....in the process of doing it up......maybe look into the whole kit .......any ideas of where and how much
Performance Friction 97 and brombo HC disc's job's done and change the brake fluid to a good 5.1 at the same time

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Brembo HC, braided lines, good fluid freshly bled, and Carbone Lorraines for me.

Having done Pagid Blues, Ferodo DS2500s, and PF97s before, the only ones I'd go back to are CLs again or the Pagid Blues.

DS2500s are rubbish, and PF97s are not worth the mess.

Never tried any grooved discs (a la Brembo Max) but when my car stops like it does, time after time, from any speed, I can't see the need.

If it ain't broke and all that.