ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

track day

i want to go on a track day how much roughly will it cost inc.fuel and insurance how much wear on your tyres and pads and do you get a bit of training :oops:ok thanks

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

you will use a whole tank of fuel, tyres will be fine, pads will be fine and yes most track days give you a small bit of free training and advice.

well im really special and some people say i have special needs;) i just wanted i fairly easy track to start with i dont want 140mph bends cos ile crash i nice little track with lots of tight bends will do me
i live near derby
[Edited by STEAMY WINDOWS on 03 December 2004 at 5:41pm]

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

well in a clio you find a track anywhere where you can take bends at 120mph let alone 140mph so i shouldnt worry there

williamsclio.co.uk/forum

Oulton park track day on the 11th of December £100

Check under meetings and events.

Insurance is about 1% of the value of the car usually.

Tyres fuel and brakes depend how much you hammer it. But they recon 10* notrmal tyre and brake wear and say you drive 200 miles during the day that the same as about 2k normal wear and say you do 14mpg (not to bad an estimate) youll burn about £55 of fuel.

http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ReturnPage=Active&ForumID=7&TopicID=121532&PagePosition=7&ThreadPage=13&showActive=1Fancy joining up for a cheap day at Outon Park?

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by aaronc on 03 December 2004
well in a clio you find a track anywhere where you can take bends at 120mph let alone 140mph so i shouldnt worry there

Spa, two of the last corners before the bus stop was 115-120 for me IIRC

dk

911 GTS Cab

I always think Bedford Autodrome is the best track for a first timer as it has massive run offs and nothing really to hit aswell as no gravel traps and a really good surface.

Need to get yourself along to the next Renaultsport organised day as its a great laugh and full of cliosporters as its only for renaultsports!

Was my first track day and Im glad as it introduced me gently, even got some instruction. Didnt take long to feel at home on the track after that and my next challenge was the notorious Nurburgring and Spa F1 circuit!

Yaris Hybrid

Yeah my first time was at Bedford, an airfield has to be the way to go. You wont get anything out of the day unless you can really push the car and you cant do that if you are constantly worrying about crashing it.

172beast

You live in Derby and are want to know what trackday to go on!? Are you mad lol Ive recently done another trackday through bookatrack.com at Donington, awesome track, very safe, doesnt wear the car out (mine was fine on brakes and tyres), just a top day out. Not cheap though! Pics here of me round Donington -> http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=13&TopicID=125454&PagePosition=1Click me

Airfields are w**k!!! sh*tty surfaces so they kill the car and tyres and its not a proper track, Ive done a Renault one at Bedford, 1st trackday I did as well and thought it was a excellent track, nowt to hit really, cept exiting the bottom tight hairpin bend even then you gotta be driving like an idiot to hit that barrier lol

[Edited by 172beast on 12/3/2004 9:04:58 PM]