ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

track rod ends

steve_h876

ClioSport Club Member
I bought a Lemforder right hand track rod end for my 172 today from GSF.

The track rod ends are handed and it appears that my car might have had the track rod ends on the wrong way round (ie the LH on the drivers side and the RH on the passenger side).

Does anyone know if this is possible?

Is the correct fitment of the track rods ends such that the ball joint is slightly behind the line of the threaded part that screws on to the inner tie rod? The photo shows the passenger side on my car where the balljoint is slightly in front of the axis of the threaded part. However, I think this is wrong.
IMG_20170827_162850128.jpg

PH2 172
I bought a Lemforder right hand track rod end for my 172 today from GSF.

The track rod ends are handed and it appears that my car might have had the track rod ends on the wrong way round (ie the LH on the drivers side and the RH on the passenger side).

Does anyone know if this is possible?

Is the correct fitment of the track rods ends such that the ball joint is slightly behind the line of the threaded part that screws on to the inner tie rod? The photo shows the passenger side on my car where the balljoint is slightly in front of the axis of the threaded part. However, I think this is wrong.View attachment 1382272
Your photo looks nothing like a 172/182 TRE.

steve_h876

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks for the photo.

I actually bought both Lemforder track rod ends yesterday (LH and RH) so at least I would have the correct one.

The Lemforder TREs are also marked "I" and "II" as the Renault ones above. Therefore it seems the "II" goes on the LHS. This would match the cross referenced part number (77 01 474 492) on the Lemforder box.

I think I will replace both TREs on my car with the new Lemforder ones.

Many thanks.