ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Track Wheels on. Ready for Bedford now.

Yozz'd up 182
Just thought id pop this up as i have booked my first track day for the 20th

And the car has now had all the bits done before i felt it was ready. Just to scrub the tyres in now.

IMAG0057.gif

IMAG0058.gif

IMAG0059.gif
]

Yozz'd up 182
Yeah Maxwell/Max

Also the tyres are T1-r's as they were only £30something a tyre.

And also had ok reviews on here.

Yozz'd up 182
I'm contemplating cloverleaf/turbine in 15", like that lol although a bit "bright" :) Happy tracking

They look extra bright in the photos due to the htc camera ha. They are bright but not fluro like in the photos.

Also theyre not light wheels, but for £40 for 4 you cant complain

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Just the numberplate ;)

T1R's are good enough for first trackday no doubt, and cheap which is the main thing!

Like mentioned keep an eye on the pressures and dont drop them to silly low pressures before going out as you will just end up on the sidewalls, do a few laps to warm them come in and check them do that a couple of times and sorted for the day!

Oh and have fun!

Yozz'd up 182
Thanks, I will do.

Probably end up being one of the slowest out there ha, but ive said to myself id rather build it up slowly than try something heroic and just embaress myself.

BMW M5 & E36
When you get back, you'll decide you want some seats and harnesses. In preparation for this, I put some in the forsale section for you!

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Exactly that, you cant enjoy the day if you smash it or break something before lunchtime.. (trust me!)

Yozz'd up 182
When you get back, you'll decide you want some seats and harnesses. In preparation for this, I put some in the forsale section for you!

If i had the money id be on your doorstep tomorrow. When i do get buckets they will be wrap around such as the Evolutions/Revolutions. Unfortunately ive just been on holiday with the mrs. Damn!

Yozz'd up 182
On the cool down lap, try not to touch the brakes at all. Keep indicating right too to let others know what you're doing.

Thanks for that il write that down :)

Its the GT circuit how many laps/ how long do you suggest is a good time to stay out for?

The GT circuit is a long track, probably 10-15 minutes per session, it depends on how your brakes feel too.

If you're doing a whole day, don't go mad first thing. There's usually a rush to get on on track, so it'll be busy first thing. But in the afternoon, most people have run out of fuel or had enough, so it's much quieter.

Yozz'd up 182
Yeah im there all day.

Kk il aim for around 15 minutes.

Im guessing it will be quite busy being august. So i will probably take a hour break once or twice and take my camera to try and get some photos.

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes
Car looks great.

Tips? Tuition tuition tuition!!!

Its 100000% the way forward. I am there on the 20th (and the 27th looking at my diary now!)

If you cant stretch to paying for a Bedford instructor (soooo worth it!) then I will sit in with you and give you some pointers. I know Bedford VERY well. I go pretty much once a week!

But more importantly I have had thousand of pounds worth of one on one tuition over the years and its nice to pass on the basic techniques that I have learnt.

Yozz'd up 182
Car looks great.

Tips? Tuition tuition tuition!!!

Its 100000% the way forward. I am there on the 20th (and the 27th looking at my diary now!)

If you cant stretch to paying for a Bedford instructor (soooo worth it!) then I will sit in with you and give you some pointers. I know Bedford VERY well. I go pretty much once a week!

But more importantly I have had thousand of pounds worth of one on one tuition over the years and its nice to pass on the basic techniques that I have learnt.

Thanks alot :) I may have to call you up on that if you are there all day :)