ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trackday tyre size

Clio 182 Cup
HI
I have just bought a 182 cup from a Cliosport member and plan to use it for road and occasional Track Day. It has a nice new set of 215/45/16 Avons on it for the road so I am going to look for a cheap set of wheels to fit some trackday tyres to.
So first question is 1: are the 182/172 wheels the same width as the wheels on my sons 1.2 clio ? If not, are there any Renault wheels that are cheaper than the 172/182 wheels tht I can use ?
2: I have been offered some 205/50/16 trackday tyres, my clio is 30mm lowered, will these tryes rub ?
Thanks
tim

Teg
1. From memory 1.2 Clios (mk2) have 5 or 5.5J wheels whereas your 182 cup wheels will be 7J width. If your after a second set of wheels for your cup 172/182 wheels are fairly cheap to buy second hand.. Lads on here usually sell them for as low as £100. I sold my standard 182 wheels with good tyres for £150.

2. Lowered by 30mm with 205/50/16 tyres shouldn't give you any issues with rubbing providing you stick with standard offset wheels.