ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Traction control and esp

Hello all
I've had my ph2 172 just over a month now and it's my first car with ESP so not really sure what I should be expecting from it.

When it's turned on the car feels a little lazy and when it's off the car reacts and feels so much sharper. Now I don't know if its all in my head by seeing a little light on the dash saying something is turned off or what

Would this happen with ESP? Is ESP any good?

thanks
chris

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
There is literally no need to turn it off on the road, its extremely rare I ever see it start flashing on the dash. Its quite a good system in that sense, that it lets you have a lot of fun even with it on.

Megane 225
Hello all
I've had my ph2 172 just over a month now and it's my first car with ESP so not really sure what I should be expecting from it.

When it's turned on the car feels a little lazy and when it's off the car reacts and feels so much sharper. Now I don't know if its all in my head by seeing a little light on the dash saying something is turned off or what

Would this happen with ESP? Is ESP any good?

thanks
chris

Think its all in your head mate...... but i get the same feeling :cool:

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
I got my 172 very sideways with the esp on, it really is quite an interesting system!

There was a thread a long time ago discussing this. I always felt that the throttle response exiting corners was a bit softer with ESP enabled. IIRC many people agreed, and many disagreed. I don't think anyone can assume it's doing nothing at all unless the light is flashing?

172 Cup
yea well some cars have ABS and not ESP but I can't find an ESP button.
funny cos I swear I heard a beep followed by a bit of a twitch once.
probably just the CD player beeping, it seems to do that a lot.
Where would the ESP button normally be in a 172? Next to the light level.. uhm.. turny thing?

yea well some cars have ABS and not ESP but I can't find an ESP button.
funny cos I swear I heard a beep followed by a bit of a twitch once.
probably just the CD player beeping, it seems to do that a lot.
Where would the ESP button normally be in a 172? Next to the light level.. uhm.. turny thing?

​Yes it's supposed to be there buy yours is a cup so it won't have it !