ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Traction control, service, handbrake light

Clio 182
lights were coming on when driving - just changed all discs and pad front and back the lights are still coming on? Thoughts?

Also

Hesitation when pulling away my exhaust is leaking is this the problem? Just changed for new ht leads coil pack and injectors still doing it lol

Help me

Clio 182
Checked the fluid it’s fine but didnt bleed the brakes because i didnt take the lines off?

Only randomly when driving? Again i changed the plugs maybe 1k ago for the right ones?

Stumped at the moment

Sounds like abs rings then, check each of them for cracks or corrosion.

Does the car only hesitate when cold? If so it will probably be the pre lambda.

Clio 182
don’t the rear discs come with the abs rings on them?

Exhaust is blowing badly and running really rich tbh

PH2 172
don’t the rear discs come with the abs rings on them?

Exhaust is blowing badly and running really rich tbh

Mintex & Genuine come with ABS rings.

Did you make a point of swapping the rear disc spacers over, with flat side in contact with the wheel bearing ?

rear disc spacer.jpg

You may find something usefull in here too.

https://www.cliosport.net/threads/abs-esp-and-serv-lights-problem.791935/

Clio 182
Fitted brembo HCs think the rears were just normal brembos i cleaned the spacers up before putting them back on as you said with the flat side on the bearing. Will have to get it plugged in at some point! Cheers for the link.

PH2 172
Fitted brembo HCs think the rears were just normal brembos i cleaned the spacers up before putting them back on as you said with the flat side on the bearing. Will have to get it plugged in at some point! Cheers for the link.

If they were Brembo, you would have needed to swap the ABS rings.
The Brembo Renault Clio rear brake discs (08.5834.25) are suitable for the Renault Clio with ABS and come complete with high quality rear bearings but do not come with ABS rings. Either the standard ABS ring will need to be swapped from the old disc or a new one purchased or if fitting to the Clio 172 CUP an ABS ring is not required. We supply ABS rings here. Discs sold individually. We do sell some cheaper options for rear discs. The Mintex rear brake discs and Renault OE rear discs. Both come with the wheel bearings and ABS rings fitted

Clio 182
This is what i bought - sorry if i’m being thick but I thought that the abs ring was fitted to the rear disc as per the picture?

Attachments

• EEB0BB08-1020-443E-996A-FCC9B126A8FF.png
    EEB0BB08-1020-443E-996A-FCC9B126A8FF.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 81
  Clio 182
Yeah i was panicing for a few then haha i’m guessing (hoping) is one of the abs sensors and not a random electrical gremlin.. will plug in and check thanks mate!

SKINTasPER

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182/MK4 GT 120
Yeah i was panicing for a few then haha i’m guessing (hoping) is one of the abs sensors and not a random electrical gremlin.. will plug in and check thanks mate!
Did you check the front abs rings too??

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

If non cup packed chassis yes, if cup packed (60mm) then they are wider but the non cup rings do still work if you line them up directly underneath the sensor.

Clio 182 arctic
lights were coming on when driving - just changed all discs and pad front and back the lights are still coming on? Thoughts?

Also

Hesitation when pulling away my exhaust is leaking is this the problem? Just changed for new ht leads coil pack and injectors still doing it lol

Help me
Brake pedal switch possibly
I had similar a number of years ago now.

Engine off
Brake pedal pressed in - hold pressed in
Twist and pull brake pedal switch off just above pedal - pull little plunger right out then insert back in
release brake pedal. start car and drive off

I believe this is right.....if that's the fault that is

Clio 182
When you say plunger do you mean the little black tab bit at the bottom of the sensor or do you mean the actual whole sensor where it connects to the main wires? Had it plugged into a snapon code reader yesterday this is the fault i’m getting.

Also had a check for the emissions as eml light has come on after exhaust was welded yesterday - was expecting it too because of the decat however car went into limp mode on the way home - code reader said precat lambda which would explain 26mpg, hesitation, rough idle and popping on downshifts (I drive like a granny)

Attachments

• 610F09D3-9EA4-4123-AFAD-A9FABE2127DE.jpeg
    610F09D3-9EA4-4123-AFAD-A9FABE2127DE.jpeg
    524.8 KB · Views: 51
  Clio 182
Ok just changed the break pedal position sensor and light is still coming on - anyone near worcester that has a diagnostic tool to identify which abs sensor it is?

Clio 182
Weird, but i have brembo hc’s havent heard much in the way of them going tits up and tbf the light was coming on before i did the brakes just less frequently, is on all the time now :(

dan's cast offs.
I'd take the link with a pinch of salt, I've never measured the teeth or spacing as I've never had need to.

As long as tooth count it correct and they are narrow enough to give a decent gap between them then logically there shouldn't be an issue. I've seen front teeth rusted away a fair bit and not caused a problem.

I had a pair of rear discs I took off a car once, don't know the make, can't remember why but I checked the bearing in them and noticed that where the and ring sat on the hub it had been machined off centre so the airbag between the ring and sensor would of varied but no issue on the car.

Only found this once but normally if I'm taking discs off they just get chucked in the scrap, never check anything on them. I should of really measured them to check run out and tried to find the make of them.

Also curious as to why no mention of the sizing and spacing of the 'faulty discs and Renault ones??

Weird, but i have brembo hc’s havent heard much in the way of them going tits up and tbf the light was coming on before i did the brakes just less frequently, is on all the time now 😧
@Wellbs I've got a pair of Genuine Renault OE discs with bearings and good condition ABS rings, £25 delivered if you need them. Ive also got a OSR 182 sub axel (£25 delivered) and NSF/OSF cup hubs with working ABS sensors as well if you need them (£30 delivered each)