ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Traction Control

vers le haut doigt milieu
What year was traction control introduced into the clio sport range and was it standard or an optional extra?

Many thanks...

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Quote from Eddes Model Guide....

"" On about mid 2003 models ESP was added. On later cars a button apeeared to turn it off it appears on the drivers ride hand side near the traction control button. It can be switched off and if it is a little triangle appears on the dashboard with a car sliding about inside it. If its left switched on (it always defaults to being on) if it is operating then the triangular light with a picture of a car sliding about appears. Some people like the system others don't. For track work most people switch it off. Some switch it off all the time. """"

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
it tries to kill me mid corner when ive forgot to switch it off!!

your flying towards a bend big smile on your face ready for it and just as you enter it the noise of the exhaust dissapears and the disco light flashes

RS Clio 182

It can be switched off and if it is a little triangle appears on the dashboard with a car sliding about inside it. If its left switched on (it always defaults to being on) if it is operating then the triangular light with a picture of a car sliding about appears.

Can i just clarify this : so is traction control on automatically when you start the car,and its off when the dashboard light is on permanently?

I always thought traction control was switched on when the instrument light was on,after you'd pressed the ESP button..

^^ Are you sure? mine used to go crazy when the front wheels slipped (in the wet going round corners but never ever did s**t to correct oversteer

Did own 172 Cup + 182FF
it tries to kill me mid corner when ive forgot to switch it off!!

your flying towards a bend big smile on your face ready for it and just as you enter it the noise of the exhaust dissapears and the disco light flashes

Spot on - you expect the car to do one thing especially when trail braking beyond turn in and suddenly it feels like something is broken.....

I switch mine off all the time - just wish the warning light wouldn't be on!

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member

It can be switched off and if it is a little triangle appears on the dashboard with a car sliding about inside it. If its left switched on (it always defaults to being on) if it is operating then the triangular light with a picture of a car sliding about appears.

Can i just clarify this : so is traction control on automatically when you start the car,and its off when the dashboard light is on permanently?

I always thought traction control was switched on when the instrument light was on,after you'd pressed the ESP button..

Correct

BMW M135i

Correct, its on everytime you start the car until you turn it off. The light on the dash is to tell you its off.