ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Transfering a tape to mp3

2004 1.2 Dynamique
Hi just wondering how can I transfer a tape so I have it as an mp3 on my PC? I have a few tapes which I would like to put on my pc and then further burn them to cd/put on my ipod

Anyone done this before and can let me know?

UR 197, AB 182 FF
Easiest way to do this is from a hifi straight into the line-in on your pc. Record the sounds from the tape using some software such as audio cleaning lab, then cut the songs up into mp3s and tag them.

sorry to jump in on your thread but have wanted to do this myself and now i know . :hail:

ex Clio 172 owner :(
Think you might have to pay for that one.

A free one you can use is Audiograbber

Go to File>Line-In Sampling.

Ordinarily it does it as .wav unless in the main program you go to Settings>MP3 Settings>Direct Rip and Encode to MP3

i just use aux out put things from amp, to the mic input thing on sound card, and record in soundforge

ex Clio 172 owner :(
Depends on the output source.

You probably will need a 3.5mm jack plug to go into the line-in on your computer. You know the one like on a walkman headphones.

On the hifi or whatever end you may need phono or 3.5mm plug depends on how you do it and your equipment.

A very quick and easy way is to get a 3.5mm to 3.5mm lead and plug into the headphone socket on your hifi and the line-in on your pc.

You can buy various leads on ebay or places like Maplins.

There are other ways.

2004 1.2 Dynamique
Chris1.4RT said:
Depends on the output source.

You probably will need a 3.5mm jack plug to go into the line-in on your computer. You know the one like on a walkman headphones.

On the hifi or whatever end you may need phono or 3.5mm plug depends on how you do it and your equipment.

A very quick and easy way is to get a 3.5mm to 3.5mm lead and plug into the headphone socket on your hifi and the line-in on your pc.

You can buy various leads on ebay or places like Maplins.

There are other ways.

I've got two of those leads at home!?