ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Transformation!

Clio182
Well, the day has been and gone! Picked up my Clio yesterday from WinSpeed Motorsport in Guildford and - what a transformation!

Original springs were blasted and powder coated, then refitted, along with brand new original Renault Cup shocks and front top mounts. All of this, along with fitting Michelin Pilot Sport 3 tyres, has transformed the car! It now handles as it should. The ride is firm but complaint, loads of grip.

And no more rattles. All the exhaust hangers were replaced with Powerflex and a new sports cat from KTEC was fitted to match the rest of their exhaust system.

But journeys now take twice as long. Why? Because I have to go round every roundabout at least twice!

Thanks for all at WinSpeed for advice, attention to detail and excellent service. I couldn’t recommend more highly. They’re based in Guildford - check them out.

Nice (y)

Anyone who drives an older fast car and thinks it handles poorly is probably driving a car that needs a suspension overhaul!

I've done it a couple of times - I think it's definitely worth putting aside some budget when purchasing for such work, it does make a big difference to knackered, saggy handling :)

Clio182
Nice (y)

Anyone who drives an older fast car and thinks it handles poorly is probably driving a car that needs a suspension overhaul!

I've done it a couple of times - I think it's definitely worth putting aside some budget when purchasing for such work, it does make a big difference to knackered, saggy handling :)
My suspension definitely wasn’t saggy - far from it! Rock solid more like, due to VERY harsh coil springs. Add to that one leaky rear shock absorber which promptly exploded the moment the car was put on a ramp! But yes, I couldn’t agree more. I budgeted for a refresh and four new tyres and couldn’t be happier with the result.