ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trax track time now available! What are you booking?

Johnpacey1

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
In section to book tracktime mate it says "take your Japanese motor round Castle Combe".

Think this tracktime might be for a different show.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
In section to book tracktime mate it says "take your Japanese motor round Castle Combe".

Think this tracktime might be for a different show.

Thats just someone at Future being a bit lazy with the cut and paste from Japfest, I will let them know!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
They always put too many novice sessions on. We will want to do six or seven sessions which means we have to do some of them in novice just to be able to book enough :(

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Is the standard of driving noticeably different then Chip? Think I'll book a couple of sessions.

The driving standards are pretty poor either way tbh but the novice sessions do tend to have some even slower people in them.

Website text now fixed.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
why not the GP this year.. was pretty much the only reasonably priced way of doing it..

Audi A4
What times are most ppl doing? Last year I went out with my mate and the driving was dia!! Everyone was all over the place!

Audi A4
Also just wondering... How do I get on the CS stand? Do I need to book my own tickets and then get a stand pass from CS or was it done through a member and everyone just pay pal them the cash?

Audi A5
I'm going to book a couple sessions in the intermediate group.

If you get your tickets through the Cs shop your allowed on the stand iirc.

WRX
Yeah as Bobby says, just book your tracktime direct on Trax site. Trax tickets and stand passes are available through CS shop, that's how it worked last year.

Audi A4
Yeah as Bobby says, just book your tracktime direct on Trax site. Trax tickets and stand passes are available through CS shop, that's how it worked last year.

Thats cool, cheers guys.

Im going to be doing 11:20 and 13:20 sessions, booking it tomorrow.

Swift Sport
Standard of driving is definitely questionable at these kind of shows... Last time I did Trax I started behind 10 other cars which included an M3, Sierra RS500 and a Supra amongst others, and within a lap I was at the front in a Clio 197.

WRX
Simple solution though Ste is just to find your own space, then just treat is as a chance to give it some. I never consider this as a track day and I'd rather do Trax than a Combe action day.

Audi A5
Last one I went to was at Lydden hill, absolute carnage, red flagged every session, people over taking in braking zones and corners, full of hero's.

trax I didn't find too bad in the intermediate group, the advanced group was a different story though, lots of c**ks with evo's and scoobys over taking on the outside line in corners.

Marshals don't seem to care either which is a little off putting.

Like chip says not for the faint hearted!