ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Treated the Shicra to a headlight restoration...

Panda.

ClioSport Club Member
  850 T5
So, after putting it off for ages I finally got a quiet evening to give the Shicras headlights some proper attention. They had just generally degraded over time and were looking pretty rough (so is the rest of the car.. but at least this is something i can have a stab at..). The guides on here were super useful too so thanks!!

A before of the passengers light (the worst of the two..)

GOPR0083_zps9856fd9c.jpg

(Also showing some faded red paint to rival a Trophy's...)

And the drivers side (better, because I had a go at this one before but ran out of f***s to give..)

GOPR0084_zpsb5c18677.jpg

I attacked them both with some 800grit first to get the raised abrasions off, then 2500 then some 3000 (had some lying around). Finally I'd invested in some Meguiars scratch x - the stuff is incredible! The 3000 grit left them quite cloudy (still better than before) but the Meg's stuff made them look like new (nearly..)

Some durings...
(yes, that is masking tape, yes it was a bi*ch to get off in one piece, and no, I didn't do it with the bonnet closed - I had to nip out to get the Meguiars... got some funny looks!)

GOPR0085_zps1a6736f9.jpg

GOPR0089_zpsc6866ef7.jpg

Typically, as I stood back and admired my physical-handiwork, the white R5 turbo (which is immaculate & caged) rocked up and cracked out a DA to give the US Police car a once over.
The guy opposite is an American car nut - two US Police cars, an ex-film car General Lee signed by Daisy Duke, a Wanna-bang-o and a big V8 van)

And finally, the only after i got, but a visible improvement. I've also whipped the indicators/grille out and gave it a dusting over with some satin paint (will get photos when its all back together)

GOPR0088_zps60f5bd0f.jpg

At least now the front looks average, shame the rest is a couple of shades of pink/dirt (any volunteers...?)