ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tried claying the Inferno for the first time ...

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
After seeing Dave88 & Eikoorb's clean Inferno's recently i felt inspired to have a go of my own. With the weather being decent this weekend i decided to try the Uber Lime clay bar and Dodo clay lube i've had sitting upstairs for a few month.

Process,

Snow foamed X2

SDC10760.jpg

Washed with AG shampoo and 2 buckets of warm water.

Then tried claying, TBH was rather cautious being the first time but pretty pleased with the results. Didnt show much on the clay but the paint felt much smoother.

Afterward Snow foamed the car again and dried.

Polished with AG SRP.

Then finally finished of with a good coat of Dodo juice Orange crush wax.

Really pleased with the 4 hours work, Inferno always looks so much better when clean and in the sun ;)

SDC10763.jpg

SDC10767.jpg

SDC10768.jpg

SDC10770.jpg

If anyone has any opinions or tips on how i can improve/better products to use i would be interested to hear :)

Also my car has recently been keyed down the passenger door and side panel,

SDC10761.jpg

Pretty sure it would require a respray as its down to the primer and polishing didnt touch it, just wondering if anyone had any other idea's that may work ?

Thanks for looking

Jay

RB One Eight Two
Looks lovely. I feel for you about that key scratch, some people are just jelous ba*tards!

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Anyone have any idea what kind of cost i would be looking at to have the door and side panel resprayed ?

B

bigrich690

shame really coz its right in the middle so they may have to spray quite a large area, sorry :(

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
:( money i could have put to better use but it annoys me so much knowing its there.

Yeah i know mate, figure the whole panel will need spraying to blend it in. May use it as an excuse to get rid of a few carpark dents too.

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Think i may have to look to get some quotes then, Tbh i need the scratch spraying, the front bumper and a dent taking out of my bonnet so looks like it will be expensive.

As for the tints, they were just standard as far as im aware. They may have to come out soon though as i seem to have a tiny tear in one :( kinda go with the colour scheme though.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Regarding the scratch i bet you most of that could be rectified via machine. In fact i'd put money on it.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I'd say most of the door damage could be 90% removed by machine, yeah.

Not so certain on the wing, higher up. Looks deeper.

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Regarding the scratch i bet you most of that could be rectified via machine. In fact i'd put money on it.

Probs not something i could do myself but will definately look into the idea if i can find a detailer local, would certainly be a lot easier. Thanks for the Advice guys :)

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
That scratch on the wing is too deep to be polishable I'm afraid. Anything you can get your nail in will be down to the basecoat.
In terms of costs, I hate to scare you but for a decent finish you are looking at more than £200. The reason being that you'll almost certainly need to blend to get a colour match. Thats the price of rectifying 'option' colours. Liquid Yellow for example is an utter ballache. A decent bodyshop will charge labour to strip the wing and door but of course you can 'smart' repairers that will do it under a gazebo,mask everything and charge F.A but you get what you pay for and I've seen some hideous repairs that will look even worse after a matter of weeks. Also paint costs have gone up so look at a good 150 at least for those for two panels.
How far into the door does the scratch go as it'll determine whether you'll need a blend into the quarter if it's too deep to polish out.

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
That scratch on the wing is too deep to be polishable I'm afraid. Anything you can get your nail in will be down to the basecoat.
In terms of costs, I hate to scare you but for a decent finish you are looking at more than £200. The reason being that you'll almost certainly need to blend to get a colour match. Thats the price of rectifying 'option' colours. Liquid Yellow for example is an utter ballache. A decent bodyshop will charge labour to strip the wing and door but of course you can 'smart' repairers that will do it under a gazebo,mask everything and charge F.A but you get what you pay for and I've seen some hideous repairs that will look even worse after a matter of weeks. Also paint costs have gone up so look at a good 150 at least for those for two panels.
How far into the door does the scratch go as it'll determine whether you'll need a blend into the quarter if it's too deep to polish out.

Thanks for the advice ollie, The only scratch on the door is the bit in the picture so hopefully wont need the whole quarter doing. Really want it doing properly as its my pride an joy tbh

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Alot more inferno's popping up now :cool: im sure ive seen that about tho, i like it mate guttering about the scratch tho

Thanks craig, looking forward to seeing yours out and about. Looked amazing in your thread, im very jealous.

Do you want me to speak to my mate about getting them scratchs out? he works at vauxhall near the boro ground in the bodyshop, time served painter for renault, hes s**t hot painted loads for me