ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trip computer/MPG etc Resetting....

clio 200 F4Rt
2001 172, car runs well etc etc.

but....

the trip computer, mpg readout, etc etc seems to reset itself randomly.

well i say radomly, it seems to do it mostly when i start the car, but not always.

any idea's what might cause this?

cheers to anyone that helps!

MK2 172
Poeple have sorted this in the past by changing the battery. Might be a sign that the battery is reaching the end.

A4 Avant
When it's real cold mine loses it memory, but it's been going on for about 9 months now. I'm dreading getting into her and her not turning over.

Lotus Elise 111R
NIgel, mine was the same for a year or so, not all the time though. Then one day, I came to start it up one morning, and NOTHING. Not even an engine turnover, CS told me it was coming, just lucky it happened at home rather than mid roundabout or something!!!

Lotus Elise 111R
Well time after time it as been the battery, and once changed, never have any problems afterwards with the trip or starting, so the odds are in its favour....

clio 200 F4Rt
ok guys, many thanks!

i assume the battery is the original, so in a 6 year old car, that might make sense.

cheers

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Change your battery mate that will defo cure it . had it on mine two years ago swopped battery never had it again :D

Mk4 XR3i 90 - spec
NIgel, mine was the same for a year or so, not all the time though. Then one day, I came to start it up one morning, and NOTHING. Not even an engine turnover, CS told me it was coming, just lucky it happened at home rather than mid roundabout or something!!!

It wouldn't matter if the battery died mid-roundabout anyway :S

Do you often stop and switch off half way round a rounabout mate?

172 Cup (Iceberg)

It wouldn't matter if the battery died mid-roundabout anyway :S

Do you often stop and switch off half way round a rounabout mate?

LOL i was thinking the same.

Lotus Elise 111R
^^^You boys have nothing better to do obviously...

Ps if it was the alternator going rather than the battery, it will go without switching off the ignition if you are being picky, and anyone who has suffered that with an older car will know it happens...

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Switch on the ignition then when you turn the key to start the car watch the fuel gauge needle.
If it drops then rises once the engine has fired it means the dash is losing power whilst the starter is turning, thus resetting the trips. Battery is dying. REPLACE!