ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trip computer / Oil OK

E90 320d M Sport
Hi there,

Recently purchased a 172 and when I turn it on the Oil OK does not clear, I have to press the stalk to bring up the mileage.

The trip also resets itself everytime I drive it.

Any ideas?

Battery?

Cheers.

Black 197
I'm sure that happens when the battery is on its last legs, Try taking the battery out and give it a good trickle charge... If that fails to cure your issue then its new battery time i believe.

Does this fault happen everytime you start the car.. i.e does it loose the mpg info etc ?

E90 320d M Sport
Yes it does it everytime I start it. The Oil OK does not automatically clear, I have to press the stalk to make it go away.

Is this normal?

Black 197
Yes it does it everytime I start it. The Oil OK does not automatically clear, I have to press the stalk to make it go away.

Is this normal?

No the "oil ok" should clear after a few seconds and then display your mileage.. If you press the stalk button has the mpg reading, average speed etc reset itself ??

E90 320d M Sport
Yes it is back to zero. Should I try driving off with the Oil OK on and see if it displays the mileage?

Black 197
If the trip computer looses all recorded data for lets say MPG, Average Speed, Miles left in tank etc then more likely than not your battery is fubared, The "Oil Ok" sign should change as said after 30 secs and should then display your vehicles mileage...

E90 320d M Sport
False alarm guys. I left it on oil ok and believe it or not after 30 secs it went off.

Me pressing the stick to clear the oil ok must have been clearing the trip data.

Ahh well, atleast I don't need a new battery :)

Black 197
False alarm guys. I left it on oil ok and believe it or not after 30 secs it went off.

Me pressing the stick to clear the oil ok must have been clearing the trip data.

Ahh well, atleast I don't need a new battery :)

LOL ! glad you sorted it pal....

E90 320d M Sport
Spoke to soon. :(

It appears that if I leave it for a decent length of time, say overnight, in the morning the trip data has been reset!

Black 197
Yes cant see why not, Just go in and specify your car and get them to source one.. never know they may have one for you in stock...

My trip computer has been resetting itself for about 18 months. Its worst when it's cold, it resets every ignition cycle then. A right PITA! :mad: