ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trip computer

Is it normal for it to reset to zero everytime you start the engine?

I know it sounds a bit sad, but in my previous car's I've always reset it when I refuel and then left it until the next time so that I can see how much I'm getting out of a tank, with this though I've no idea!

Is there a setting I need to adjust? Or is it faulty?!

09 GIXXER 750!!!
Nope shouldn't reset until you reset it....Houston you have a problem!! Its a Renault though what do you expect!!

this, apparently, is a good indicator of imminent battery failure. mine used to do it until the battery failed

172 ph1
Good to know this, I've been having problems with my battery dying with very little use.

Mine does this when it's close to or below freezing. It did it last winter and it's doing it again this winter. Battery checks out fine tho and I've never had any problems with it.

I've had the car 18 months now on the same battery and even when left for a while it always turns over swiftly and starts straight up. I guess it could be an intermittent rogue cell but as long as it keeps working perfectly (apart from the trip meter issue) I'm going to stick with the same battery and see what happens. I guess we'll see if I end up stranded somewhere....

Focus RS mk1
yes mine does it when cold also! it also happens when my heater has a problem of not blowing air im thinking maybe an earth problem somewhere.