ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trip computer

I noticed today that the trip computer on my cup was saying i could do 280 miles before filling up, ive already done about 70 miles, this seems to match up with the miles per gallon reading im getting, but .. .

the fuel gauge shows that ive used about a third of a tank!!??

does anyone elses show a similar kind of thing happening?

yeah my 172 does the same fuel gauge falls very fast even tho trip comp says i have loads left so im just going on what the trip comp says

Lee

BMW M2C

Mine is exactly the same. I even filled up thinking Id not got long left, when in fact Id got a good quarter of a tank.

Megane R26

Mine is the same too, gives crazy range figures considering how little fuel is left in the tank. I wouldnt trust it...

Surley it must be right??

i mean, whats the point in having it if it doesnt work correctly?

perhaps on the red does means theres a good 10 litres left???

i would trust the trip more than the gauge as the trip actually reads the fuel been used so can guage it bit better

Clio II 1.4 Priveleg

A GOOD margin of error is built into fuel gauges (these are not meters) Trip computers are FAIRLY accurate.

While I understand your frustrations that the gauge does read less than you have in the tank, I feel there would be far more complaints if the gauge was in err the other way! Like it shows 1/4 tank just as you run out!

Bob RTE