ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trip metre???? HEEELP

Renaultsport clio 172
My gf was messing around with my trip metre the other day and now a symbol has come up after i think my average mph that says- SET MPH ??????? anybody had this at all???
----------
I think its leadin to my limp mode coming on and restricting power to 3000rpm

Much thanks if anyone can help:)

Da

Less
It's the Cruise Control/Speed limiter setting where you can enter the speed required.

Renaultsport clio 172
It must be the speed limiter then cause i aint got cruise control on the 172, do i??? lol
any idea how to enter the speed required or get rid of it etc???

Thank for the help Da

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Have you pressed the button next to the backlight dimness adjuster?

Renaultsport clio 172
The backlight dimness adjuster?? that the roller type switch for the dash lights ya?? i aint got a button next to that and i have tries pressing all buttons on the trip metre and nothing

Renaultsport clio 172
The trip metre button yea??? yea goin thru average mph, mpg, milage, trip milage and the last 1 that comes up before going back to the milage of the car is SET MPH and iv tried holding in the buttom on it, double tapping it etc and no luck so far :( just realy dont wana be goin to dealer and look like an idiot that my gf buggerd my car and all i had to do was press, or twist or do something silly :eek: lol

Da

Less
If the car is stationary you cannot enter any values, you have the buttons on the steering wheel right?

Renaultsport clio 172
Nope. u mean the cruise control buttons and traction?? the 172 dont have them, but its silly cause on the diagnostics that did come up, cruise control :S

Da

Less
What reg/age is your 172?

If you scroll through the display does it go back to the mileage after the SET MPH goes off?

Renaultsport clio 172
its a 2001 model ph2 and yes it goes to the milage after the SET MPH but doesnt go completely off, if u go back thru it still there

Da

Less
Sorry I'm really confused - what problem is it causing you if you can scroll through the display past the SET MPH and back to the mileage reading?

Renaultsport clio 172
Well i duno if it causing the problem thats just happened to my car but iv never had this come up on the display before ever and when it did appear, the following day when i went to put my foot down to overtake and the car went into limp mode, but knocks of when i turn the engine off then back on, and goes back to limp mode when i push the throttle in full so i went and had a diagnostics and came back with a fault with throttle peddle, throttle body and cruise control/ speed limiter which i aint got, so i mentioned it to the diagnostics guy and he said the throttle problem could just be there because maybe that new symbol (SET MPH) has come up and has something to do with the cruise control/ speed limiter and thats why when i hit full throttle its cutting my power and hitting limp mode and to either go check online or go renault to see maybe how to set it or just get rid of it

It is very confusing i know

and thanks by the way for the help so far

Da

Less
Cruise ans speed were only introduced in late 2003 so that isn't your problem. As far as I'm aware the SET MPH will be there even though you don't have the function (Cruise etc).
It wont be affecting your limp mode problem, that's more likely to be a sensor.

Do you have the fault codes?

Renaultsport clio 172
Na i dont sorry, all i know is that the problems that showed were the throttle peddle, throttle body and cruise control/ speed limiter. ok then so hopefully that aint the problem and hopefully it just the sensor maybe for throttle, shame tho i dont think im gna get rid of tha new SET MPH am i lol

Thanks again for the help, gna take to garage tmz to try and get my car sorted and il get back to u and let u know the outcome

Laguna sport tourer
sound like the problem i had, turned out to be front lambda sensor is it ok until you try and boot it ?

Renaultsport clio 172
yea that exactly the problem, all good until my foot all the way down, but it does it whether the engine on or just ignition on

i found out last night that it could be the lambda so im gna check and clean it up, and i rang renault and they said it wouldnt be the set mph

thanks alot guys