ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

TROPHY BUCKET SEATS

PH1 Oddy, M140i
Deamon tweaks. Speedlines I think. Search the forum for details as this as come up loads!!

Golf GTI PP Mk7
too expensive imo.

sparco do some very very similar seats for far less money, i personally like he sparco siena, half the price of the recaros too.

Clio V6 Mk2 255
The Recaro Trendline seats out of a Honda Accord Type R are basically the same with similar colour scheme i.e. black and grey. I have just bought some for my Clio V6 and they cost me £350 off e-bay, they come up quite often, here is a picture ...

recaro.jpg

I already have Momo RS2's which will be for sale if anyone is interested - here is a link to my Wiki entry on v6clio.net for pictures and details of fitting bucket seats using generic subframes.

http://www.v6clio.net/wiki/index.php?title=Fitting_Aftermarket_Seats

Martin

VRS
100% for looks
0% for function

the seating position is too high ad the side bolsters are too soft and dont hold you very well

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
The Recaro Trendline seats out of a Honda Accord Type R are basically the same with similar colour scheme i.e. black and grey. I have just bought some for my Clio V6 and they cost me £350 off e-bay, they come up quite often, here is a picture ...

recaro.jpg

I already have Momo RS2's which will be for sale if anyone is interested - here is a link to my Wiki entry on v6clio.net for pictures and details of fitting bucket seats using generic subframes.

http://www.v6clio.net/wiki/index.php?title=Fitting_Aftermarket_Seats

Martin

Good welder are we? ;)

Clio V6 Mk2 255
GT_Gaz, just some good old fashined engineering and fabrication, not even any welding necessary depending on the subframes I decide to use. But yes if welding is required - no problem ;-)

Makavelli, I have the Evo seats and they are actually very supportive so unless they have different foam in the bolsters, I have to disagree. I may be a bigger guy though as some seats are not suited to everyones body shape and size etc. Either way though compared to the Renault Sport stock seats in the Vee these are much better IMHO.

Martin

VRS
GT_Gaz, just some good old fashined engineering and fabrication, not even any welding necessary depending on the subframes I decide to use. But yes if welding is required - no problem ;-)

Makavelli, I have the Evo seats and they are actually very supportive so unless they have different foam in the bolsters, I have to disagree. I may be a bigger guy though as some seats are not suited to everyones body shape and size etc. Either way though compared to the Renault Sport stock seats in the Vee these are much better IMHO.

Martin

i agree with you fella, compared to standard seats the recaros are loads better, but compared to other aftermarket bucket seats and some of the other recaros in the range the treadlines arent very supportive, thats all in my opinion of course :D

I have them in my Trophy (not for sale - lol) but as trackday seats there not much cop.

I've got some new seats that I'll be fitting if anyone ever gets back to me with subframe prices.

:)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

Martin

They are lovely seats. I have them in mine, don't listen to the haters lol :rasp:

Clio Dynamique 1.2 2005
when i search for these on ebay, what names should i put, i want ones that will fit my 1.2 clio mk2? sorry if this sounds like a dumb question lol :) cheers.

Clio V6 Mk2 255
On e-bay key in search words of Recaro and search through the 4 or 5 pages. You may also search for Honda + Type + Seat as sometimes these Recaros are only listed as Honda Type R interior ;-)

Also tonight, out of interest, I butchered a stock Clio subframe and the bolt holes line up with Recaros so without any welding I could, in theory, use the stock subframes and sliders to retain the adjustment and OEM look. If I finish the prototype I will post some pictures - took about 2 hours so far. In fact having seen how the stock sliders can be removed from the Clio seats simple adaptor brackest could easily be fabricated to mate from the Recaro side bars to the Clio sliders - has anyone done this ? In factr I think the Recaro subframes make use of the stock Clio sliders.

Martin

Last edited:

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
they do, i needed the sliders off the renault sliders (my recaro's were aftermarket)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
100% for looks
0% for function

the seating position is too high ad the side bolsters are too soft and dont hold you very well

Wont sit you as low as yours, but here are some pics for the doubters. They are lower. some during pics lol ;)

DSC01202.jpg

DSC01204.jpg

Clio V6 Mk2 255
Here are some pics of the Trendlines (one anyway fitted).

As I mentioned before fabrication is all that is required for subframes so here is the OEM subframe modified for a Recaro - very easy to do ;-) If you are prepared to sacrifice your OEM seats (you need the sliders anyway) then you can have free subframes ...

Also apologies for the phone camera quality ...

Drivers side subframe removed from the seat upholstery ...

driversubframe1.jpg

Hair cut ...

driversubframe2.jpg

Brackets I made ...

recaros1.jpg

Fitted to subframe before painting ...

recaros2.jpg

Fitted to seat ...

recaros4.jpg

Ready to fit ...

recaros5.jpg

In the car (the seat is cleaner than it looks in the pic too !) ...

recaros7.jpg

recaros6.jpg

Martin