ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trophy dilemma

I have owned my 182 trophy for 3 months now, and due to a change in personal circumstances i am considering chopping it in and taking a normal cupped 182 or 182 cup and hopefully getting some cash.

Am I mad?

If anyone is interested or has an opinion then let me know :cry:

MKIII 138
matt the cat said:
I have owned my 182 trophy for 3 months now, and due to a change in personal circumstances i am considering chopping it in and taking a normal cupped 182 or 182 cup and hopefully getting some cash.

Am I mad?

If anyone is interested or has an opinion then let me know :cry:

if you have a penchant for danger search well pay 7k for a decent cup fit coilovers and feel the buzz it would save you about 2k money over a 182 and prolly 4-5k back in total

meggerman said:
if you have a penchant for danger search well pay 7k for a decent cup fit coilovers and feel the buzz it would save you about 2k money over a 182 and prolly 4-5k back in total

yeah would consider a 172 cup but like you suggest - it would be tough finding a minter.

matt the cat said:
yeah would consider a 172 cup but like you suggest - it would be tough finding a minter.

I can't see how it would be difficult:S they are only about three years old tops for the oldest ones.
If you were after a mint valver/williams etc it would be harder to find one of those.

Abarth 595 Trufeo
Nik said:
Noooooooooooo!!!! Dont Do It!

Listen to this man - YOU will regret it,

I nearly did it once but luckily saw the light before it was too late,
is there any other way you can save some money -(ie) reduce or cancel sky, reduce your mobile tariff, etc.....

H

matt the cat said:
Am I mad?

Yep! Completely!!

But if your personal circumstances have changed to a point you cannot hold it, then you cannot go wrong with the others that you have mentioned. But if you dont have to get rid.... don't!

hi guys

thanks for your msg's - Its the last thing i want to do really. I love that car like crazy! Ive pampered it from new and would break my heart.

Thing is i have a real high pressure job and after this weekend i am handing my notice without a firm offer so was thinking of ways to have a cash buffer and still keep in the clio rs vein. Am gonna wait and see.

Thanks again all

Clio 200
The money you'd lose selling it wouldn't be worth it in the long run, you could soon make up the money you'd gain from selling by selling a load of crap you don't really need on ebay.

I kind of think I know what you mean Matt, if I am reading between the lines correctly. All I can say is don't do anything rash just yet due to these circumstances. Wait for a couple of weeks more. If you still feel the same way, then do it and don't look back.

cock mobile.
Watch the vid of the 172 Cup vs Trophy in Media; may help you decide what's the best value ;)